Gallery view groups with audio re-routing

I’m looking for some advice. I’m not sure if Zoom’s SDK will allow me to achieve what I want to achieve, which is why I’m staring this thread.

I’d like to create a scenario where by video callers can work in groups, without going into breakout rooms.

I’d like to do this by creating a feature that allows video callers to be divided into what I’m going to term ‘audio groups’ while they remain in the main zoom room. I’d like these audio groups to have their own gallery view, but still be able to access the main gallery view and have the hosts video spotlighted.

This will allows everyone to stay in the main room, but still see one another and see the host, using differnt views. The host will also still be able to see everyone in the meeting.

The problem I’m trying to solve is the disconnection the host and people experience by going into breakout rooms. It will also resolve certain streaming issues, and functional issues caused by breakout rooms, but still allow people to work in smaller groups.

Hopefully what I’ve written is clear enough. Please let me know if I can provide any more clarity, and whether what I’m trying to achieve it possible.

Many thanks,
Laurence

Hey @laurence.stephan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. It sounds like the Video SDK would be a great fit for your use case.

The Video SDK is separate from Zoom Meetings so it won’t work with your existing account/meetings. However, it will provide raw audio and video data that would allow you to build out a custom application like that.

Please see the linked documentation and reach out to our community in the #web-video-sdk if you want to talk to a SME.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hi MaxM, thanks for this. Am I able to hire a developer through the page you’ve provided? Do you have any best practices for hiring? And is there a verification process they go through to be listed?

Many thanks,
Laurence

Hey @laurence.stephan,

Sorry, no, to clarify that will get you in contact with developer support who can assist with any questions you have. When it comes to hiring a developer, you can use Upwork, LinkedIn, Hire, Craigslist, etc.

Here’s an article on just this:

You might be able to find more information online by googling the general process for hiring a RESTful API and Web SDK developer.

Ultimately, this question is - for the most part - outside of what we can help out with here but I’ll try my best to give some pointers:

1. Existing knowledge of video APIs/SDK is a huge plus and of course especially with Zoom
  2. More importantly, strong RESTful API skills as well as JWT and OAuth authentication flows
  3. Building modern web applications and staying updated on cutting edge browser technologies

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.