Get analytics in firebase console

If I use default UI provided zoom android SDK how can I achieve following things:

1. Remove Zoom text from top section while in call and replace with custom image or text logo.
  2. Session time will be reported in firebase or not(as I am using default UI).

Hi @vikas.bharti, thanks for the post.

1. Remove Zoom text from top section while in call and replace with custom image or text logo.

This is not possible with the default UI and would require implementing a custom meeting UI.

1. Session time will be reported in firebase or not(as I am using default UI).

I’m assuming you mean how long you have been in a meeting for? If that’s the case, there is no direct method to do this through the SDK, but it could be easily done by saving the timestamp of when you join the meeting successfully and subtracting that from the current system time whenever you need to query it.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply, Jon. Regarding 2nd question I’ve asked

Session time will be reported in firebase or not(as I am using default UI).

If I am using default Zoom UI in my app, engagement time will be added to my app or not. Since it is launching zoom UI, I doubt engagement time will not be recorded for my app while users are in the session.

Hi @vikas.bharti,

Can you please confirm whether or not the approach recommended in my previous response would work for you? If not, what is it missing that is needed to match your requirements?

Thanks!

I don’t want to know meeting duration, I am just curious about this :-
If I open app and close it after an hour, this one hour will be logged in to google analytics engagement time. So my question is If am using default zoom flow, time that user spends in zoom UI, will be logged in app’s engagement time or not. The reason I’m asking this is that the default zoom UI opens a completely new process.

Hi @vikas.bharti,

Thanks for clarifying. The SDK’s default UI is just starting a new Activity within your app, so this should not affect anything monitoring how long the app is open. However, if you were to open the Zoom client instead of using the SDK, it would result in leaving your app.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.