Getting Webhooks to Work for Websites that Don't Ask for Verification Tokens

Long story short, trying to get our AppOptics to send alerts to our channels via webhook. All AppOptics asks for is the endpoint URL. I plug in the endpoint URL from the Incoming Webhook app in Zoom, but the alerts don’t appear. I think it’s because the Zoom webhook wants the verification token also.

So question is, can I integrate the verification token in to the endpoint URL and give that to AppOptics? can I make the incoming webhook accept all webhooks going to the URL without the verification token?

What are my options?

Thanks.

Hey @SneakyPete,

So we are on the same page, can you share me a link to the documentation you are following for AppOptics? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

As you can see, all it asks for is the endpoint URL. Can’t put the verification token anywhere.

After looking at other services Teams, Slack, RingCentral, etc. They all allow posting to incoming webhooks with just the URL, none of them require a verification code. The 3 services we use all don’t have any location for a verification code for their outgoing webhooks.

Hey @SneakyPete,

Gotcha. The Incoming Webhook App does require a verification token.

As a work around, you could create your own Chatbot app to listen to the Webhook sent from Solarwinds, and then post the message using the Send Chatbot message API.

Let me know if that is a viable option! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.