Google speech to text Integration

Hello, I am using zoom to teach foreign languages. In one session I have 30-40 students.

so to evaluate speaking skills, I want to integrate google’s speech to text function to zoom and during webinar ask a question to which my students will answer with their voice and I will get both voice and text of what they have said. Is it possible, if yes what are the steps?

1 Like

Hi Rustem, 

Currently we do have the capability to translate languages with Google Speech. If we receive more request from other customers we’ll let our Engineer team evaluate this feature for a future release. 

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Michael,

I came across the same issue. Microsoft Azure speech to text integration is preferred though. It doesn’t needs to be perfect. The next step should be real time translation into another language.

Hi @miro,

Thanks for reaching out, our Engineering team is still looking into this feature request to support Google Speech or Microsoft Azure Speech.

How does speech to text go?
Regards,
Guillermo

Hey @produccion,

There is an app on the Zoom App Marketplace that does speech to text, although it does not do translations:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/d054_tATQRaGPKxfs7SPnw

However, we do have a feature to allow a person to live translate:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you very much for the information!

Regards,

Guillermo Perez

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you very much Tommy.
We’ll check it.
Regards,
Guillermo Pérez
Departamento técnico

TRIDIOM (Datos de contacto)
En cumplimiento de la Ley Orgánica 15/1.999 de 13 de diciembre de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal, le informamos que la recepción de su mensaje mediante correo electrónico lleva implícita su autorización, para tratar e incorporar su dirección de correo electrónico así como el resto de datos personales que nos facilite por este u otro medio, el fichero/s del Responsable OLYUSEI SL cuya finalidad es mantener futuras comunicaciones respecto a información sobre productos/servicios que puedan ser de su interés o para la empresa en la que trabaja, facilitar la gestión de OLYUSEI SL y cumplir con los requisitos que la legislación vigente exige a nuestra organización. Podrá ejercitar los derechos recogidos en la Ley 15/1999 en la dirección del Responsable del Fichero, con sede en domicilio en Calle Príncipe Nº 12 3º C, 28012, Madrid., En virtud de la ley 34/2002 de 11 de Julio de Servicios de la Sociedad de la Información y Correo Electrónico (LSSI-CE), este mensaje y sus archivos adjuntos pueden contener información confidencial, por lo que se informa de que su uso no autorizado está prohibido por la ley. Si ha recibido este mensaje por equivocación, por favor notifíquelo inmediatamente a través de esta misma vía y borre el mensaje original junto con sus ficheros adjuntos sin leerlo o grabarlo total o parcialmente."

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hey guys, any new development on this one? Or any other apps that are supported to do automatic translation (without a person)?
thanks

Hey @Suzy,

Not on Zoom’s end, but checkout our App Marketplace to see if an app of this type exists:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/

Thanks,
Tommy

Do you know if Zoom has APIs to create your own integration with Google for Voice to Text translation? I do a lot of meetings with Chinese clients and sometimes I want to be able to speak in English and have it translated into text. Is this possible?

Hey @mn.mike,

We do have a Closed Caption API endpoint where you can stream text to the Zoom meeting after it’s been started. While this isn’t exactly what you’ve described, this is a way to add custom closed captions to the meeting. Here is a link to the our support article with some more details.

Best,
Will

1 Like