Granular Scopes - Limit of 50?

Description
I’m trying to set up a new Server-to-Server OAuth app and want to give it the same level of access that I’ve been depending on in the past. Unfortunately, the Granular Scopes change means that I need to include a much larger number of scopes.

Error
After selecting 50 scopes, all of the other checkboxes complain that “You’ve reached the maximum selection limit.” Please consider increasing the limit so that I don’t need to create multiple Server-to-Server OAuth apps for my account administration tasks.

How To Reproduce

1. Create new Server-to-Server OAuth app.
  2. Continuing adding scopes until you hit the limit.

Hello @Jonathan_Champ

Thank you for sharing this issue with us.
Can you clarify if the 50+ scopes are being actively used by the app or the use-case for needing many scopes?

Regards,
Yoon

Hi @yoon.conner!

We’re not actively using it yet, but I’m trying to migrate to using Granular Scopes. The use case is for the Moodle mod_zoom plugin which we maintain, because there are a lot of people who are trying to set up new integrations (which, unfortunately, are unable to be configured to use legacy scopes).

Functionality that we currently use:

• List users
  • Get user
  • Get user settings
  • Get user schedulers
  • Update user
  • Create meeting
  • Update meeting
  • Delete meeting
  • Get meeting
  • Get meeting invitation
  • Get user meetings report
  • List user meetings
  • Get past meeting participants
  • Add meeting registrant
  • Get meeting registrants
  • Get past meetings
  • Get past meeting information
  • Get meeting recordings
  • Get meeting recording settings
  • Create webinar
  • Update webinar
  • Delete webinar
  • Get webinar
  • Get webinar invitation
  • Get user webinars report
  • List user webinars
  • Get past webinar participants
  • Add webinar registrant
  • Get webinar registrants
  • Get past webinars
  • Get past webinar information
  • List tracking fields
  • Get user recordings
  • Get active users report

There’s several more that people have requested and others that I’m forgetting at the moment, so already bumping up against the limit of 50 Granular Scopes is concerning.

Hello @Jonathan_Champ

This is a known limitation at the moment that is being worked on. I recommend adding scopes that are currently being used and you can always add additional scopes in the future.

Regards,
Yoon

1 Like