Handling the active-share-change event when one joins the channel after someone shared the screen

Hi @vic.yang

I am using version 1.4.1 of zoom video SDK.
So when I join the zoom channel when more than 2 participants are already in the channel, at that time only 2 events are coming of user-added, one for the self and one for some other user.
For the rest of the users, the user-added event is not coming.

Hey @vk-jangid

Did you mean only the new participant can receive the complete user-added message? The rest participants are not able to receive them, so they are not aware of the new coming participant?

Thanks
Vic

No No, I meant that like If I am a user and I am joining a channel that already has more than 2 participants in that. So I am getting only 2 events of user-added, one with my own data and one for some other user who is already in the channel.
But for the rest of the participants, I am not getting user-added events.

Hey @vk-jangid

In my understanding, you wanna one user-added event per participant. Is that right?

And could you explain “the rest of the participants”? Have they included in the payload of the second user-added event?

Thanks
Vic

Yes, I want one user-added event per participant. this is how it is supposed to happen, right?

Otherwise, what is the point of sending 2 user-added events, one with the data of the self-user and the second for some random user in the session?

By rest of the participants, I mean, like in a channel 5 participants are already there and after that, I am joining a channel, so in that case, 2 events which are coming was one with my data, the second one with some random user from the 5 participants and for the rest of the 4 participants there are no events.

Hey @vk-jangid

The payload of the ‘user-added’ is an array. The first event payload contains the self-user, and the second one contains users that are already in the session before joining.

Thanks
Vic