Harddisk_id - what is it?

Description
I need to understand what is data that’s coming in harddisk_id field for participants in meetings QoS call.
I join zoom meeting from zoom app on my mac.

Error
Data that is in meeting QoS call for harddisk_id does not match with UUID’s of my mac SSD. So what data is zoom collecting/sending in QoS call?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings/{meetingid}/participants/qos?type=live

Hi @vaibhavsaher,

Thanks for reaching out about this—I’m working on confirm this for you and will follow up shortly.

Best,
Will

Hi @will.zoom

Any updates?

Thanks.
Vaibhav

Hey @vaibhavsaher,

No updates just yet but I’ll check with an internal resource to see if I can expedite the answer here.

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM @will.zoom

Commenting to keep post going. . .

Hey @vaibhavsaher,

How are you confirming that the harddisk_id of qos and mac ssd are inconsistent? Functionally speaking, qos does not directly acknowledge hardisk_id.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom

I am participating in a zoom meeting from my Mac, When I pull qos data for same zoom meeting the harddisk_id that is returned for my user in qos response does not match with any of harddisk uuid that I see on my mac (mac → System Preference → hardware → Storage)

We are trying to leverage harddisk id internally to map devices and were hoping to use it as means to achieve that.

Thanks for clarifying @vaibhavsaher — let me bring this back to my team and see if we can confirm more details for you.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.