Hide meeting number/password

Description
Hi,
I would like to prevent users from seeing the meeting id once logged in.

In the View Source of meeting.js, a user can see the meeting number. Can this be hidden in any way, so that meeting.html uses the signature only to let people log in?
The signature is created using the meeting_number already as an input to it, so meeting.js should not be required to pass Meeting Number in again.

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 12.08.08

1 Like

@tommy Can this be done? The participants are able to view the meeting number and password from the page source or js code in the console and they invite outsiders in the meeting. These outsiders create noise or put some obscene comments in the chat.

Hey @deepak2, @rossy,

Thanks for your feedback. Let me see what we can do to improve this. (CS-2292)

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

Any update on this?

Hey @deepak2,

We are currently exploring other authentication methods. We will keep you updated. In the meantime, I suggest not hard coding the passcode or meeting number in the DOM.

You can also hide the meetingID and passcode from the Zoom interface:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

I will check the solution to hide meeting information as per the link mentioned above.

Hey @tommy,

The solution provided is to hide the meeting information from the information icon on the Zoom screen. We have already using it.

The issue we are facing is that the user (in our case students) are fetching the Meeting number and password from network console of the browser. I have attached a sample image to show the issue.

Hey @deepak2,

Yes, we do understand that you can get the meeting number and passcode in the network tab. We will look into obscuring this.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.