Hide self video using zoom web sdk

Description
I would like to hide self video using zoom web sdk instead of manually checking the option under view=>toggle off show self video. i would like to use zoom web sdk to turn off self video programmatically.
is there some options in ZoomMtg.init() or a method in ZoomMtg that i can use to turn off self video

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Meeting SDK Code Snippets

ZoomMtg.init({
      leaveUrl: meetingConfig.leaveUrl,
      // added to disable zoom sharing and other functions
      showMeetingHeader: false,
      disableInvite: true,
      disableCallOut: true,
      disableRecord: true,
      disableJoinAudio: false,
      audioPanelAlwaysOpen: false,
      showPureSharingContent: false,
      isSupportAV: true,
      isSupportChat: false,
      isSupportQA: false,
      isSupportPolling: false,
      isSupportBreakout: false,
      isSupportCC: false,
      screenShare: false,
      success: function () {
// other code
      }
      error: function () {
// other code
       }

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Troubleshooting Routes
i tried looking at the zoom web sdk reference but couldnt find any options or method

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: [Macbook Air]
  • Browser: [Chrome]
  • Browser Version [Version 110.0.5481.177 (Official Build) (x86_64)]

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

@spaceman.developer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I’m glad to assist you. After reviewing the SDK reference, it appears that there is no function or option available for hiding self-view. However, I’ll verify with our internal team to confirm if this feature is feasible. If it isn’t, could you please provide more information about your use case and explain why this feature is essential to you? This information will be helpful, and I’ll forward it to our internal team for consideration. I understand the importance of being able to turn off self-video programmatically. Additionally, you may also submit your use case as a feature request for further consideration here:

Thanks @donte.zoom , i will write it out shortly with my team on the feature requirement and explanation. just to confirm for both the component view and client view in web sdk, there is no such api to auto hide self view correct?

1 Like

Hi, @spaceman.developer,

Thank you for the response! You are correct, for both the Component view and Client view in Web SDK, there is no such API to auto-hide self-view correct. Please submit a feature request and feel free to reach out to me here for updates. You can also follow our Developer changed log for updates as well :

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.