Hide Self View function

Description
Is there a function or setting that we can access to “Hide Self View” programmatically in the Zoom meeting UI? I would like to be able to toggle the setting from my app, but I don’t see any access to the setting in the SDK reference docs or code.

Thanks!
Nitin

Which version?
v4.6.21666.0428

Hi nraj,

Thanks for the post. We do not have an interface to set the “Hide Self View” in Electron SDK.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom thanks for the response. Can I go ahead and request “hide self view” toggle as an SDK feature? Not sure if there is a separate process for this, or whether it’s already in the pipeline.

Thanks!
Nitin

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for the reply. It seems like this feature is not yet available in our Zoom meeting client so our SDK could not have it at the moment. You may submit a feature request at https://zoom.us/feed, once our Zoom client has it, our SDK will be able to add it.

Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,

I’m a bit confused :slight_smile: The Zoom meeting client does have this feature:

Both the Zoom desktop app and the Zoom meeting window launched by the SDK have access to the “Hide Self View” function through the UI so I’m just wondering if we can access that function/toggle programmatically through the SDK - which Zoom meeting client are you referring to?

Thanks for the reply and assistance!
Nitin

Hi Nitin,

Oh, thanks for the screenshot. Let me circle back to the engineering team and provide update shortly.

Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom - seeing if there was any follow-up to the Hide Self View being accessed programmatically? I’m interested in it as well :slight_smile:

Hi @ankith,

Thanks for the reply. I have forwarded this as a feature request to the engineering team and the team is investigating the possibility of supporting this. Will keep you posted if I have any updates.

Thanks!

1 Like