How can I get live transcription using Meeting SDK (Windows)

Description

I cannot get the Live Transcription text. Could you please advise on how to obtain it?.

The IClosedCaptionControllerEvent::onLiveTranscriptionMsgInfoReceived() callback method is not being called.

Which version?

Meeting SDK for Windows (C++)

zoom-sdk-windows-5.15.5.19455

To Reproduce (If applicable)

1. Download and build the “sdk_demo_v2.sln” on your Windows machine. Note: select “Release/Win32” build mode.
  2. Have another ZOOM client (host) ready to start the meeting on another machine.
  3. Start a Zoom meeting.
  4. Run sdk_demo_v2 to join the meeting.
  5. In the first dialog, check “Customized UI Mode”. Select the “SetDomain” button.
  6. Create a JWT token, then copy and paste the token into the appropriate field and click the “Auth” button.
  7. In the second dialog, select the “Only Join” tab window and type “Meeting number”, “Name” as Bot’s name, and “Meeting password”. Then, select the “join” button.
  8. You should now see your meeting bot in the Zoom client on the host machine.
  9. Activate “Live Transcription” on the host Zoom client.
  10. Say something and ensure that the live transcriptions appear as subtitles.
  11. Set a breakpoint in the SDKInterfaceWrap::onLiveTranscriptionMsgInfoReceived() callback method.
  12. This callback method is not being called.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device Spec: DELL Note PC
  • IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.11.27
    • Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.8.09037
  • zoom client version on another machine: 5.15.7 (21404)

Additional context

I have implemented onLiveTranscriptionStatus() in the same context, and then it is working successfully when subtitles are disabled or enabled by the host. Based on this, I believe the Meeting SDK has been implemented correctly. However, onLiveTranscriptionMsgInfoReceived() is not called. I would like to know how this can be called and how I can get the live transcription.

Note: I have not checked the onLiveTranscriptionMsgReceived() callback, as it is currently treated as deprecated.

https://marketplacefront.zoom.us/sdk/meeting/windows/deprecated.html