How can I get the actual meeting ID given only the recording.completed webhook?

Description
When recording a PMI, the recording.completed webhook returns a uuid and meeting_id fields in each item in the recording_files array. However, that meeting_id is invalid when I try to get more details on it at the /meetings/{meetingId} endpoint.

Error
{“code”:300,“message”:“Invalid meetingId”}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
This is an Oauth app

Which Endpoint/s?
I’m getting this recording.completed webhook.
And then I’m trying to get more details on it using this GET meeting details endpoint.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Subscribe to the recording.completed event
  2. Create a PMI and record to the cloud
  3. Grab the uuid from the event that results (or the meeting_id in the recording_files array…they’re the same)
  4. Use that ID to try to get details at the GET /meetings/{meetingId} endpoint

Additional context
In the post titled “how-to-handle-recording-completed-webhook-events-with-pmi-and-multiple-meeting-instance-uuids”, it’s suggested to also subscribe to the meeting.ended event and cross-reference the IDs. That doesn’t fit with our model because we don’t store these results in a database anywhere, it’s a more ephemeral system…so I’m hoping for a better way to get meeting details based on the uuid/meeting_id returned in the recording.completed event.

Hey @scott.halgrim,

You will need to pass in the actual PMI (personal meeting ID).

Checkout my post here which explains this more:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.