I have come across many bots which join zoom meetings automatically. For example fireflies.ai, otter.ai etc…
However I do not understand how they join the meeting? Zoom does not provide an api for joining meetings. It does have SDKs for android, ios, mac and electron which allow joining the meeting however I do not see how this can be automated on scale.
Would anyone know a way to join the meeting as a bot at scale?
@visheem, happy to share how you would build a meeting bot at scale + a solution that companies like fireflies.ai or otter.ai are using to simplify things.
To build a meeting bot:
- Spin up a server. We recommend AWS, GCP, or Digital Ocean.
- Use either the Windows or Mac Zoom SDK to launch an instance of the Zoom client.
- Once you have the Zoom SDK launched, and use the Raw Data functionality to extract the video and audio streams.
- This will return the video in I420 raw frames and audio in PCM 16LE raw format, so you’ll need to encode the audio and video yourself afterwards.
- Once you have one instance of this working, you’ll need to scale this across several servers if you want to run multiple bots simultaneously, which is required to have bots for multiple meetings.
Another option is Recall.ai. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get the raw audio/video from meetings without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.
Let me know if you have any questions!