How to add individual occurrence to an existing meeting via zoom API?

I would like to add one makeup occurrence (on Friday) to the existing meeting (happens weekly on Monday, Wednesday). How do I use the zoom meeting update API to do that? Thanks.

Hi @Sunshine_David

You will have to send a PATCH request to the meeting you are trying to update!
Here is the endpoint that you can use to do so:

You will see that there is a recurrence object in the request body that you can send with the updates that you want to make to the meeting.

Hope this helps,
Elisa

Thanks a lot for the reply.
I can update the recurrence object to extend the end_date_time. But the issue is that: currently, I have 20 occurrences scheduled on Monday and Wednesday. There is one meeting canceled this Monday and I want to make it up on Friday(other than Monday or Wednesday) after the last day. How can I add that Friday occurrence to the recurrence object?

Hi @Sunshine_David

Have you tried passing the occurrence_id in the query parameters when making the patch request?

By doing so you can make updates to a specific occurrence and change the date of it.
Cheers,
Elisa

Thanks. To make the question clear:

On Zoom Webpage, I can list all occurrences of a meeting using the same meeting id, and “Add another session”, which can be on a totally different schedule. Say I can first have a recurrent meeting on every Thursday, then add an additional session on the coming Friday, while they all share the same meeting id.

How do I implement this “add another session” using Zoom Meeting API?

I do not need to update the occurrence of the recurring meeting, just want to add one or two more occurrences to the existing recurring meeting. Please help. Thanks a lot.

Hi @Sunshine_David
Thanks for reaching out to the zoom Developer Forum!
So basically what you are trying to do is to add a single occurrence to an existing meeting? but let’s say on a different day than the existing one?
I have never done that on my end so allow me some time to do some testing on my end to see if you can accomplish this via API
Best,
Elisa

Yes. For example, I have created a recurring 1-hour meeting every Tuesday, Thursday at 9am. Now I want to add a makeup session on Saturday to the existing meeting. In the webpage, I can use “Add another session” button to do that. What I want to do is to accomplish that via Zoom API. Thanks a lot.

Hi @Sunshine_David
Sorry for the late reply
I believe you can not add individual sessions via API.
The workaround I would suggest you is to create a single meeting to make up for that session.
Best,
Elisa

Thanks Elisa. I cannot create a single meeting because the meeting id will be different. Could it be a feature request for adding individual session via API?

HI @Sunshine_David
I am really sorry for the late reply!
Yes, it can be a feature request!
Feel free to add it here:

Best,
Elisa