How to ask for an API rate limit increase of Meeting Create API call

Is is possible to request a rate limit increase for creating meetings? Currently limited to 100 per user per day. Too limiting for some of my customers which plan virtual classes. These are programmed in advance for an entire session. They have hundreds. Because of the limit, they need to program their classes over multiple days. Really breaks the user experience.

Wondering if there is a process to ask for an increase.

Thanks!

–Martin

Hey @martindrapeau,

Thank you for reaching out. Looking at our documentation, it doesn’t seem that it’s possible to increase the rate limit on the Create Meeting API. However, this limit is applied at a user level. If you have another user to create meetings with, you’ll be able to call the Create Meeting another 100 times per day with that user.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

The documentation is clear indeed. Could you ask your product team if this is something they would be willing to change? Or, maybe there is a process to vet third-party applications to provide an exception.

–Martin

Hey @martindrapeau,

Thanks for inquiring about this. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the Create Meeting endpoint, this is a strict limit that is shared across all Zoom accounts regardless of size, account type, etc.

If you need to create several hundreds of meetings, we recommend spreading these requests out over the course of several days, and among different hosts.

While we aren’t able to support exceptions at this time, this is something our team is working on scaling. If you have specific questions or want to share more details about your use case with us here, we’re more than happy to help make any suggestions in the meantime.

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,

Thanks for responding. Yes, you can share the use case I have.

My customers are sports & leisure organizations. They have replaced in presence classes with virtual ones with Zoom. They kindly coined them “Zoom classes”. Something to add to the urban dictionnary :slight_smile:

With the shear volume of classes they have, creating Zoom meetings manually, and sharing the links to participants manually is too time consuming and error prone. This is where Activity Messenger comes in. We pick up the class scheduled and roster, create the Zoom meetings and send out an email or text message 30 minutes before the class to each class participant with the Zoom link. Saves hours of work and prevents human mistakes.

These organizations typically program their sessions once a season. For example, they are now programming January 2021 session. In a given day, they can be programming more than 100 classes. Consider an organization gives 20 classes a week, each lasting 10 weeks. That’s 200 Zoom meetings that Activity Messenger needs to create.

Hope this helps!

–Martin

Hi @martindrapeau,

Thanks for the additional details! I’m happy to use this use case an example for our team, in regards to how these limitations can affect how you and your customers approach scheduling meetings in bulk. I can certainly appreciate how the constraint affects your workflow.

For now, I would still recommend splitting these bulk scheduling requests up over the course of a couple of days. But I’m happy to pass this feedback along in relation to your use case.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.