Rate Limit Meeting

I can’t find wherever i search trought documentation. Is the rate limit for creating meeting only 100? Like is there any plans that have higher limit?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
Create meeting

How To Reproduce (If applicable)

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context

Hey @burhanyusuf,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. That’s correct, currently you we have a rate limit of 100 calls per user when using the Create a Meeting API, Update a Meeting API and Delete a Meeting API.

Please see our documentation on Rate Limits for more information:

This isn’t something we plan to change but if you would like this limit to be increased for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Let me know if you have any questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM , thanks for the answer.
I have scenario to create something like online learning, and when teacher create schedule for his/her classroom, it will send request to create meeting room. Let’s say we have > 100 teacher that might be create daily custom classroom, so it’ll reach rate limit when 100th teacher create classroom. So do you have any suggestion for this screnario?

Hey @burhanyusuf,

Good question! I’ll highlight that the Rate Limit that is put in place on the Create a Meeting API is set per user. This means that you would be able to create 100 meetings for each teach each day using the API.

Let me know if that clears things up!

Thanks,
Max

And each user should have their own license ( if want to remove free plan limitation ) ?

That’s correct @burhanyusuf — if they want to host group meetings/meetings over 40 minutes, they’d need a license. :slight_smile:

I have scenario to create something like online learning, and when teacher create schedule for his/her classroom, it will create zoom meeting schedule. So we dont know how much teacher will be, is there any plan that cover scenario like this? . Each teacher will use our managed zoom account, they will just start meeting and possible to start meeting concurrently

Hi @burhanyusuf,

For this use case, I’d recommend leveraging our Meeting Created webhook:

This will be triggered each time a meeting is created under your account, and will return the id of the host in the payload. You can use this information to know when hosts are available for meetings based on when meetings are already scheduled for.

Keep in mind that a host can only have 1 active meeting going at a time.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.