How to 'Broadcast' a message to webinar participants

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
First time Zoom API user, please be gentile :wink: Working with a client to integrate Zoom Webinars into a legislative meeting automation workflow (including both in-person and remote attendees) and I think weā€™ve gotten everything figured out or worked around but the one thing Iā€™m completely stumped on:

The client would like to be able to automatically generate and send a chat message to all remote participants during the Webinar e.g. for changes to the agenda, a heads-up for the ā€œnext up after this oneā€ item, etc.

I canā€™t figure out which API endpoint needs to be leveraged and how in this context ā€” it seems the ā€œChat Messagesā€ category or ā€œIM Chatā€ would be the most likely candidate but these seem to be user-orientated and Iā€™m not sure how to apply them to a Webinar

Error
N/A

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Currently functionality is developed with JWT; OAuth is clumsy and extremely high-overhead in this environment but may be a possibility if thatā€™s the only way.

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

Suspect something like

or

But Iā€™m really wandering the woods here.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

N/A

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

N/A

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @lincoln

Welcome to the Zoom Developer Forum and I am so glad you are implementing our APIs!
I am more than happy to help here!

You were heading into the correct direction on looking into our ā€œIM Chatā€ APIs

Unfortunately, those endpoints are deprecated and therefore we donā€™t support them anymore.
I would suggest that you do not implement them since it may affect the functionality of your app in the future.

As for the ā€œChat Messagesā€

these endpoints are meant to be used to send chat messages to individual users in your contact list or to certain channels. With these endpoints you wonā€™t be able to send In Meeting messages.

That being said, we do not have a specific endpoint to send In meeting/ in webinar messages to participants.

Hope this helps!
Best,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.