How to change default view type, from ribbon to gallery

Going through other topics/questions/requests, I don’t see any actual options to do so.

I have the shared array buffer working, users can manually select the gallery view in the top right. I would think there would be some options in the client.init or client.join functions, but i can’t find anything.

Also, wondering if there are any flags or options to remove portions of the client? We don’t want users to be able to screen share (at all), or access the chat feature, but outside of some janky CSS solutions i’m not seeing anything

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nelson

You can set the defaultView with initArgs property:.

You can set the Screen share with initArgs property::

You can set the Disable/ Enable chat with initArgs property:

Can you link to the documentation you got this from?
it looks to be the same format as this document https://marketplacefront.zoom.us/sdk/meeting/web/components/modules.html

Also, what is the implementation of this? I’ve tried adding initArgs: {} inside of the client.init({}), both inside of the custom: {} property and before it, but none of these are having any effect on the zoom client.

I’ve also tried adding the options on their own, outside of the initArgs object, but again this doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

@nmendez ,

Are you seeking guidance for the Component View or Client View? The above was the SDK reference for Client View:

Here is the reference for Component view:

Interface InitOptions

Interface VideoOptions

@donte.zoom Thanks for the quick reply!

I’m using the component view, and there are significantly fewer initialization options available. Is this just a limitation of zooms component view?

Also is there somewhere I can submit bug reports, or to speak with someone? I was just on a call with a dozen others using the web component, and there were a lot of issues that came up.

Thanks,
Nelson

@nmendez,

Have you checked out the VideoOptions interface linked above?

For bug reports, you can post on the Zoom Developer Forum. One of the developer advocates will help clarify any behavior or report a bug if needed. Aside from that, you can submit a support ticket here:

https://support.zoom.com/hc

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.