How to cloud record when using the Web Video SDK

When I want to cloud record using the Web Video SDK, should I use MediaRecorder to record the video?

Please let us know if you have any other best practices.

Hi @swallows.yb,

Thank you for using the Developer Forum. To record a meeting with the WebSDK you need to be the host of the meeting. This Developer forum post provides some more in-depth detail:

Please let me know if this helps.

Best,
Donte

Thank you donte.S.
It is possible with the Web client SDK, but I can’t find the record with the Web Video SDK.

This thread didn’t even mention how to implement it, so it would be helpful if you could give me some hints on how to do cloud recording.

Thanks!

Hi @swallows.yb,

Thank you for your question. When it comes to questions about our Video SDK, I recommend posting in the #web-video-sdk categories and someone will reach out to you there . That said, out of the box currently the Video SDK does not support the recording feature. It is a feature that we hope to offer in future versions. However, the Video SDK does provide raw access to audio and video, which can be leveraged in implementation of your own recording system in your application. Here’s our help article with more details on the Video SDK offerings:

Please let me know if this helps.

Best,
Donte

1 Like

When will the recording function be added in the video SDK?

Thank you for your question,@jklee! We are excited to bring that enhancement in a future release, however we don’t have an estimated time yet. Please make sure to subscribe to our blog , and change log for the latest news, updates, and fixes.

Best,
Donte

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @swallows.yb , @jklee ,

I wanted to share this article on how you can record an HTML Canvas. This approach could be used to record a Video SDK Session:

Thanks,
Tommy