Start cloud recording and saving them

Recording meeting with cloud recording:

Description
I am build a bot which when given a meeting link would enter that particular meeting and start recording it after asking for permission form the host. I researched about this and I was successful in making a bot that could start to record the meeting using

function startMediaCapture() {
ZoomMtg.mediaCapture({ record: “start” });
}

Now i came to know that this i cant access the raw audio and video of this recording as it is not available in Web SDK it is possible through cloud recording reference of which I found on Video SDK - web - Cloud recording. This need a Video SDK account and a Cloud recording storage plan.

Now after reseaching this further more I came to know that only the host and the co-host of the session are allowed to start, stop and pause the recording.

Questions

1. What is the difference between a meeting and a session? Can I be session host of a meeting that is not hosted by me?

2. Is it possible that my bot could enter a meeting hosted by someone else and ask for recording permission through my cloud recording api? If yes than is it possible to save that recording, and if yes where would that recording be saved?

3. If yes to (2) than are the endpoints used to do that task :
    For starting and stopping the recording : Zoom Video SDK API
    For getting the account recordings : Zoom Video SDK API

4. To some it all up, is it even possible to make a bot that could enter a meeting and record it and save that recording using Video SDK - web - Cloud recording?

@adityasraj123

my responses inline

I am build a bot which when given a meeting link would enter that particular meeting and start recording it after asking for permission form the host. I researched about this and I was successful in making a bot that could start to record the meeting using

}

Now i came to know that this i cant access the raw audio and video of this recording as it is not available in Web SDK it is possible through cloud recording reference of which I found on Video SDK - web - Cloud recording. This need a Video SDK account and a Cloud recording storage plan.

Video SDK is a different product from Meeting SDK (which you are using).
Cloud Recording on Meeting SDK Web details can be found here

Now after reseaching this further more I came to know that only the host and the co-host of the session are allowed to start, stop and pause the recording.

yes

Questions

1. What is the difference between a meeting and a session? Can I be session host of a meeting that is not hosted by me?

Session is the term used for Video SDK
Meeting is the term used for Meeting SDK
They are loosely referring to a video/audio call between different participants.

In meeting SDK, the host can give permission to your bot by promoting it to co-host.

1. Is it possible that my bot could enter a meeting hosted by someone else and ask for recording permission through my cloud recording api? If yes than is it possible to save that recording, and if yes where would that recording be saved?

Yes, but your Meeting SDK needs to be published. Do note that the cloud recording will be saved to the original host’s account. You cannot save if to your account.

1. If yes to (2) than are the endpoints used to do that task :
    For starting and stopping the recording : Zoom Video SDK API
    For getting the account recordings : Zoom Video SDK API

Video SDK is a different product from Meeting SDK.

1. To some it all up, is it even possible to make a bot that could enter a meeting and record it and save that recording using Video SDK - web - Cloud recording?

This statement applies for both Video and Meeting SDK. Usually customers will use Linux or Windows SDK to access raw audio and raw video data. Once the recording permission is granted, the recording bot will stored the media files locally.

In your case, since you mentioned Meeting, I’m assuming you are working with Zoom Meeting. Here’s what you will need to do.

1. Create a Meeting SDK app on marketplace.zoom.us
  2. Download the SDK (either Linux or Windows). Web does not support access to raw audio and raw video.
  3. Either Get Meeting Recording Token, or Prompt host for Co-Host / Recording Privilege
  4. Start raw recording, and save media files (audio and video) locally on Linux or Windows
  5. Publish your Meeting SDK App. If you do not publish, you will not be able to join external meetings.

Thank you for your response.

So in my current Meeting SDK code, I can change this function

}

to something like this,

ZoomMtg.record({ record: true });
}

(as discribed here ZoomMtg | Zoom Meeting SDK for Web - 3.1.2) to store the recording in zoom cloud?

If yes than all the recordings that I am able to record with the help of my bot be saved on the account of the host that created the meeting, right?

ZoomMtg.record({ record: true });
}

(as discribed here ZoomMtg | Zoom Meeting SDK for Web - 3.1.2) to store the recording in zoom cloud?

If yes than all the recordings that I am able to record with the help of my bot be saved on the account of the host that created the meeting, right?

Yes @adityasraj123