How to delete a picture via APIv2

Hi all,

we upload user pictures via APIv2. But is there also a way to delete a picture via API? We’d need to do this in case a user has withdrawn the right to use his or her picture, or if the picture was withdrawn itself for whatever reason.
We don’t have this too often, but on the other hand I assume it would be not too diffcult to implement this, right?

Kind regards
Hauke

1 Like

Hi @Hauke,

Right now our APIs don’t support deleting a picture, however, it shouldn’t be difficult to implement on our end. I’ll suggest this to our Engineers and see if we can place this feature in our upcoming roadmap.

Thanks

Hi @michael_p.zoom,

OK, thanks for taking care!

Hauke

Hi Michael,
is such an option there in teh meantime? I cannot find anything in the changelogs or API reference. We have now a specific case where this feature would be really helpful, so I take the freedom to send a “ping” :slight_smile:
Kind regards
Hauke

Hey @Hauke,

Unfortunately we have not added a delete profile picture endpoint yet. As a work around you could set a different or blank image as the users profile picture to mock deleting it.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi Tommy,
thanks for the suggestion. If the delete endpoint is not to be expected soon, I’ll try this option.
Kind regards
Hauke

1 Like

Hey @Hauke,

Sounds good, I will add the delete profile picture endpoint as a feature request.

You can track our releases here.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like