How to disable participant's video using zoom api?

Description
I have the JWT token, how can I disable a participant’s video using zoom API?
sample python code would be appricated.

Many thanks!

Error
no

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Hey @kiyevin101,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. If you’re looking to have granular, programmatic control over a meeting, I recommend looking into our new Fully Customizable SDK. You can submit a request for access using this form. Using this SDK, you have more control over the UI as well as the participants as you are able to access the raw audio and video data.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Thanks for looking into this issue!
The “Fully Customizable SDK” is used to create a customized app, right? My problem is my meeting is open to public(more than 300 people or more), so I can’t control who will join my meeting and which app they’re using to join the meeting. (I think all the participants are using the zoom app download from zoom website.)
As it is open meeting, to ensure smooth running of meetings, I need a feature which can disable the all the videos.
(Now I can mute all, but there is no “disable all video”, I have to turn off one by one )
disable video in meeting setting page doesn’t works, because participants can enable it by themselves during the meetting.
Is there a solution for it?

Thanks!

Hey @kiyevin101,

Thank you for your question. While there is currently not an API to disable video for all participants, you can change if the video is enabled by default when using the settings.participant_video field in the Create Meeting API.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Thanks for your answer, it is very helpful. Is there an API to disable video for one participants? So I can write a loop to do so.

Thanks!
KV

Hey @kiyevin101,

Thank you for your question. Currently, there isn’t an API that will allow you to disable video for even a single participant. If this is something that you would like to see in a future release, I recommend posting to the #feature-requests category.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hi Max,

Thank you very much for your help!

Thanks,
KV

1 Like

Hey @kiyevin101,

I’m glad to hear that answered your questions! If you have any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.