How to enable cloud recording with videosdk ui toolkit

Our team plans to use videosdk ui toolkit to implement the meeting function and requires the use of cloud recording function, but I don’t know how to enable it. Please give me some suggestions on how to do it. Thank you!!!

Hello Ken,

Which UI Toolkit platform are you using right now?

Thank you for your patience,
Richard

Hi Richard,

I’m sorry for replying to you so late,

I’m using zoom UI Toolkit:

I couldn’t find a method for cloud recording, so I wanted to ask you about it.

Is there any solution, or will it automatically start recording?

Thanks for reply!

Hey Ken - I’m not seeing anything in the documentation for recording with UI Toolkit. I’ll investigate today a bit and see what I can find.

good morning Kelly

I’m truly grateful for your help.
I hope you can bring me good news!

Thanks!

Additionally, our team would like to confirm some other issues regarding cloud recording:

1. Is the cloud recording server optional

2.What is the upper limit of video duration for cloud recording?

3.How long can it be stored for?

1. Will it be automatically deleted?

2. Do I still need to manually delete it?

We have not yet found answers to these questions, and we hope to receive answers from you.

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Working on getting you more information - the UI Toolkit does not automatically start recording, and I believe you will need to start it manually (and manage it with the VideoSDK).

Researching the rest as well - I believe I’ve located this information before - but I don’t recall it specifically - sit tight :slight_smile:

Oh hey Kelly,

I am very glad to have received your reply. I have looked at the method you provided and I am curious about how to combine the UI toolkit with VideoSDK because they seem to be independent of each other. I see that most of the VideoSDK API is called through VIDEOID, but when I start the UI toolkit, it does not return VIDEOID to me.

Can you provide me with specific example methods?

This is a first for me as well, so I’ve not tried to use both at the same time.

The UI Toolkit is using the Video SDK directly - but not sure what kind of access you will have to the client outside of it.

Let me know if you get anything to work before me.