How to flip the video

Description

For the inner camera, my video will be displayed in reverse, is there any way to flip the mirror for this?
From what I can find, that feature does not seem to exist in the ZoomSDK.

Is there any way to flip it?
videoView.setScaleX(-1f);
to flip the View itself, but it did not work.

Thanks.

Which Android Meeting SDK version?
ZoomSDK Android v5.7.6.1918

Hi @KAZUMA87, thanks for the post.

You can use the enableMirrorEffect method to enable or disable the mirroring of your video preview. Let me know if you are running into any issues with this method and I’ll be happy to help.

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom ,

Thanks for the advice. But I’m following the steps below and it’s not working.

1. mZoomSDK = ZoomSDK.getInstance();
    //Initialize and join the meeting

2. Write the following

@Override
    public void onZoomSDKInitializeResult(int errorCode, int internalErrorCode) {
        if (errorCode ! = ZoomError.ZOOM_ERROR_SUCCESS) {
            Toast.makeText(this, "Failed to initialize Zoom SDK. Error: " + errorCode + ", internalErrorCode=" + internalErrorCode, Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
        } else {
            //Toast.makeText(this, "Initialize Zoom SDK successfully.", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
            mZoomSDK.getMeetingSettingsHelper().setCustomizedMeetingUIEnabled(true);
            mZoomSDK.getMeetingSettingsHelper().enableMirrorEffect(true);
            try {
                initViews();
            } catch (IOException | JSONException e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
            }
        }
    }
  1. Add the following to the RecyclerView
    holder.videoView.getVideoViewManager().addPreviewVideoUnit(holder.renderInfo);

The video is displayed without any problem, but my video is still flipped left and right.
Please let me know if there is something wrong in the description.

Thanks.

Hi @KAZUMA87,

I’ve tested this setting with custom UI enabled and it definitely is working correctly. Is there any difference if you try setting the param to false?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.