How to get the account id in the ui

Hi,

i was wandering if i can see my account id in the UI.

the reason i need it is:

I’m writing an integration app with our product that will be used by multiple customers with different zoom accounts.

while i can get their account id from the access token i need a way for them to supply it in our own application so i can link their zoom account id with our account id

is this possible?

thanks

Hey @iperry, thanks for posting and using Zoom! :slight_smile:

Unforunatly you cannot get your Account ID in the Zoom UI.

Can’t you do this in the OAuth flow after they have installed your app so you can get the account ID from the access_token?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,

I do get their account id from the OAuth flow. However, I need to correlate zoom account id with our account id. Since the Oauth authorization, flow is asynchronies. When it happens, I do not know which of our accounts approved our application. Therefore, I will need to provide them an easy procedure to extract their zoom account id and give it to us so I can have a match between zoom account id and our account id

Is there another way for a customer to easily get their zoom account id?

Thanks

Hey @iperry,

Unfortunately no. Why do you need to have a match between your accountID and their accountID?

Are you trying to create a whitelist of who can install your app?

Thanks,
Tommy

we are going to correlate zoom meeting qos data with device info we collect in our application in order to better help accounts troubleshoot issues they might have in zoom. for example is there a problem with users using vpn, wifi and much more. therefore we need to match zoom account id with our own account id

Hey @iperry,

The only way to do this would be to get their accountID after they install your OAuth app.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,
In the end we decoded the access token in order to get the account id and it worked for a while.
however now the access token version changed from 6 to 7 and currently it does not contain the zoom account id. how can we get this information now.

keep in mind that currently our app permissions are

1. dashboard_meetings:read:admin
  2. meeting:read:admin

and we don’t want to add another permission to our app in-order to use only one time an api that will get us the account id

Thanks,
Ido

Hey @iperry,

Your best solution is to use the Get User API to get the account_id.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for your support. I work with Ido and I have a follow up question: In your documentation there are 2 types of related permissions - user:read and user:read:admin and the difference between them is that user:read:admin allows you to revoke a user’s SSO token (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/auth/oauth/oauth-scopes). We are fine with user:read of course (because GET /users/{user id} supports both user:read and user:read:admin scopes) but unfortunately, the only options that are available for our application in Add Scopes > User are user:master , user:read:admin , user:write:admin.
Please advise how to solve this.

Thanks,
Revital

Hey @rtalmor,

Apologies I am a little confused. Which scope are you looking to add that is not listed in the scopes section of your app?

Thanks,
Tommy

We would like to use user:read

Hey @rtalmor,

The user:read scope is only available on User Level OAuth apps. That being said, the user:read:admin scope is essentially the same thing, but can be used to read any user in the Zoom account that authorizes the app.

Thanks,
Tommy

Makes sense. I’m troubled by the revoke SSO API that is part of the user:read:admin. I hope that our customers will not be troubled by it.
Thanks for all your support @tommy.

Hey @rtalmor,

I do not fully understand what your issue is. The Revoke SSO Token endpoint requires the user:write:admin user:write scopes.

Thanks,
Tommy

This is what I understand from your documentation @tommy:

Hey @rtalmor,

Thanks - we will update the docs to reflect the Revoke a User’s SSO Token also works with the user:write scope.

CC @shrijana.g

-Tommy

1 Like