How to get the JWT token as response to POSTMAN

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
How to get the JWT token as response to POSTMAN

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
Authorization

I need to hit an HTTP request so that as response I can get the JWT token back.

In case JSWT doesn’t support can I do it with User OAuth.

Please suggest some steps to achieve it.

Hey @raghavendra.teli,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When it comes to JWT tokens, you’ll need to generate these using the steps provided in our JWT App documentation.

In other words, you create a token using the API Key and Secret but we don’t have an API to obtain a generated token.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM ,

Thanks for clarifying, Can we use OAuth authorization for API based retrieval of token?
The project requirement is to trigger the Token HTTP call 1st thru which we should be able to get the token as response and with that token will trigger the v2 Zoom API.

Thanks,
Raghav

Hey @raghavendra.teli,

If you wanted to involve user authorization then you would want to use an OAuth App. That allows you to get an access_token for each user.

Postman also has an option for using Oauth you can find detailed here:

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM,

Thanks for the link provided went thru it.

The Query is bit different than the usual scenario: I have created an App, I do have Client id and client secret.
But I don’t want to provide the redirect URL. With the Client id and secret if I make an HTTP call to Zoom API “https://zoom.us/oauth/token”, In return we are expecting the Auth token.

Is this possible ? If Yes, Please let us know any demo videos or steps so that we can also follow and achieve the same.

Thanks,
Raghav

Hi @raghavendra.teli,

The redirect url is required for our OAuth flow, as this is where the code is appended that you will then swap for an access_token.

Thanks,
Will

HI @will.zoom ,

I observed that the code with which we generate the token is getting expired soon or used only once.
Is there a possibility that the code can be used multiple times and non-expiry.

Thanks,
Raghav

Hi @raghavendra.teli,

The code that gets appended to the redirect URL is intended to be used right away. If it expires, you will need to reauthorize the oauth flow.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.