How to get Video/Camera frame from android zoom sdk?

Description
I’m integrating Zoom Meeting Android sdk into my application. As per documentation there is difference in Video Sdk and Meeting Sdk regarding above mention point (Raw Video Frame) . But I just need frame to be processed for some AI task before going to server . If I use Video SDK , it will be like creating whole app from scratch but for just one use case it would be some work. so there are 2 options for now as below
1- Get some video frames before going to server and app can process.
2- I can see some AI work going on while meeting was on i.e. face parameter for user. If there is any callback in which i can get Face related information (pose,direction or anything) please let us know as i am not able to get that callback.
Please let me know if there is any way we can do this .

Meeting SDK version
Latest from Github

OS
Android

Hi @vaibhav.rajput, thanks for using our SDK.

Currently the SDK does not allow you to access the raw video data before it is sent to the meeting, but support for this is being added in the next release. In case you weren’t already aware, the best places to stay up-to-date with new SDK releases are the #new-releases category and the changelog. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom , thanks for replying .

Currently the SDK does not allow you to access the raw video data before it is sent to the meeting

Does it provide frames after sending to meeting (like some post processing callback) ?

but support for this is being added in the next release

Can you help me with version in which you have mentioned this in Changelog In Android ?

Is there any plan for callback for AI callback using in app ?

Hi @vaibhav.rajput,

Does it provide frames after sending to meeting (like some post processing callback) ?

The Android SDK does not provide access to raw data received by the SDK right now.

Can you help me with version in which you have mentioned this in Changelog In Android ?

This is coming in the next version of the SDK, so it is not yet available. The changelog is where the release notes will be posted once the next version is published.

Is there any plan for callback for AI callback using in app ?

Can you please elaborate on what callback you would be looking for? AI is a very broad space, so this could mean any number of things.

Thanks!

Can you please elaborate on what callback you would be looking for? AI is a very broad space, so this could mean any number of things.

I am looking callback for Face parameters. As i was looking into sample , it was doing some face detection operation while user was in meeting. It was logging face pose, coordinates etc kind of information. So is there any callback for detecting is face is detected or not , face coordinates and so on.

Hi @vaibhav.rajput,

Thanks for the additional context. This is not currently supported by Zoom, so there are no plans to add this functionality into the SDK. There are probably some third party libraries out there that could help with this, but Zoom does not have any options available at this time.

Thanks!

Thanks for replying ,
I have one more query regarding marketplace application. Can we create marketplace application for android also as all the apps which are listed belong to desktop client .

Hi @vaibhav.rajput,

For Marketplace questions, please use the #marketplace category. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.