How to Handle Real-Time Participant Data in Zoom Meetings Using Zoom API?

I’m developing a feature for my application that requires capturing real-time data about participants in ongoing Zoom meetings, such as their join/leave times, current status, and other relevant metrics. I’m aware that the Zoom API provides various endpoints for meeting data, but I’m unclear on how to use these effectively to achieve real-time data capture and handling. Additionally, I want to ensure that the data is processed securely and efficiently without causing performance issues. I need guidance on the best practices for using the Zoom API to handle real-time participant data and any potential challenges I should be aware of.

@nawazabdullah557, this post might help answer your questions on how to get participant join/leave events:

If you’re looking to get real-time video streams, audio streams, or transcription from participants, you would not be able to use Zoom’s webhook events, but instead you would need to build a meeting bot.

If you do end up needing to build a meeting bot, check out the Recall.ai API. It’s an API that lets you send meeting bots into a Zoom meeting to get real-time participant metadata, audio, video and transcripts from meetings, without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!