How to hide participants in slider zoom sdk android?

Android Zoom Client SDK : 5.5.1

Android version 10.

I want to hide participants list and slider completely.but only host can visible participants.
i am not able to understand custom ui documentation.

Hi @shirgaonkarmihir14, thanks for the post.

For hiding just the participants button, you actually will not need to implement a full custom UI. When you create an instance of the MeetingOptions object, you can assign the following value to hide the participants button in the default UI:

opts.meeting_views_options = MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_PARTICIPANTS;

Thanks!

1 Like

right sir but still participants are visible in slider by swping right.
please tell me how to remove or hide slider .

Hi @shirgaonkarmihir14,

Can you please show a screenshot of what you are trying to hide? In the default UI, swiping only switches between driving/active speaker/gallery view modes.

Thanks!

gallery view

Hi @shirgaonkarmihir14,

Got it, thanks for clarifying. In that case, you can disable gallery view through the setGalleryVideoViewDisabled method. Please let me know if you experience any issues with this approach.

Thanks!

1 Like

thank you much sir now issue is solved.
i have 1 more question
is it possible to to hide other participants except host in chat section ?

Hi @shirgaonkarmihir14,

Glad to hear it’s working! It is not possible to hide all non-host videos with the default UI. This would require implementing a custom UI and only rendering the video of the host. The closest setting to this in the SDK would be setHideNoVideoUsersEnabled. In theory, this would achieve the result you are looking for if only the host’s video was turned on in a meeting.

Thanks!

1 Like

hi
is it possible to disable other participants in active speaker view and show only host in active speaker view ?

Hi @shirgaonkarmihir14,

It is not possible to force the active speaker view to hide non-host users.

Thanks!

1 Like

is it possible to to hide other participants except host in chat section ? What about this please help. I have to know this solution. Thanks

Hi @bestairsoftsniperrif, thanks for using the dev forum.

No, unfortunately the SDKs do not allow you to hide chat from other participants. You could do this manually through a custom UI, or utilize private messages in chat to achieve this behavior.

Thanks!

Okay Thank you so much @jon.zoom. I just solved my issue with your help :blush: :blush:

Glad I was able to help!

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out in a new thread with any additional questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.