How to Join a zoom meeting as a host from android client sdk, where as the meeting already created from zoom api

Hi @jon.zoom

Yes, I have checked the sdk key/secret which am using related to the Type SDK only while creating token…

Hi @mallikarjunreddy751,

Can you please provide the JWT you are using with your developer credentials redacted so that we may investigate further?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom

Below is the JWT token i have generated recently with my developer credentials.

eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJhcHBLZXkiOiJteUtleSIsImlhdCI6MTYyNjcyMjY5MCwiZXhwIjoxNjI2ODA5MDg5LCJ0b2tlbkV4cCI6MTYyNjgwOTA4OX0.0s9Y1o4m_Zyqh_-bvJa9RucHpaUfTo0YKYtP543BFyI

Hi @mallikarjunreddy751,

Note that I have edited your post since it contained your credentials. Please do not post any of your credentials publicly on the dev forum.

After adding my key to the JWT you have provided and signing it with my secret, I am able to successfully initialize the SDK with it. How are you generating the JWT?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom

Actually am generating JWT token from jwt.io as per the document( for testing).

Below steps we are following (I have provided these steps in previous post as well)

Header:

{
“alg”: “HS256”,
“typ”: “JWT”
}

Payload Sample:

{
“appKey”: “SDK_KEY”,
“iat”: 1626806923,
“exp”: 1626979722,
“tokenExp”: 1626979722
}

Along with this payload am generating signature as well with SDK_SECRET as below:

HMACSHA256(
base64UrlEncode(header) + “.” +
base64UrlEncode(payload),
SDK_SECRET
)

One More Question Here: ( Alternate method we are following to get the JWT token to pass it to initialize the SDK)

We have even tried including JWT token to initialize the SDK from JWT App which we have created on Market Place (Please find the below attached screen shot → On click on highlighted area we are able to see JWT token and custom expiration time of JWT token). Even with that also we are un-able to initialize the SDK. Is this the correct way to get the JWT token from here to initialize the SDK ?

It will be very helpful if we can connect on this issue through zoom call or some how, so that we can sort this out quickly. It’s been almost two week we are un-able to figure out the issue.

Hope will get the response ASAP.

Thanks!

Hi @mallikarjunreddy751,

The JWT app type is not meant for use with the SDK. It is an entirely different app type. You need to use the key and secret values from your SDK app, directly under the JWT type in the screenshot you included. Can you please confirm that you are NOT using the JWT credentials to generate the JWT for the SDK?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom

Yes, Am not using the JWT App credentials(API_KEY & API_SECRET) to generate the JWT for the SDK. Am using the SDK app credentials only to generate JWT(from jwt.io) i.e SDK_KEY & SDK_SECRET.

The Below is another question I have

As you mentioned JWT app type is not meant for use with SDK.
What is the correct way to use the JWT app to start / join the meeting with mobile application ?

Thanks!

Hi @mallikarjunreddy751,

Thanks for confirming you are not using the JWT credentials to initialize the SDK. Since I am able to insert my own developer credentials into the JWT structure you are using and successfully initialize the SDK, this means that the error you are experiencing must be localized to the credentials you are using. Are you able to generate a new SDK secret through the Marketplace? Note that this will invalidate any existing app using your current developer credentials.

As you mentioned JWT app type is not meant for use with SDK.
What is the correct way to use the JWT app to start / join the meeting with mobile application ?

As mentioned previously, the JWT app type is not meant for use with the SDK. For more information on the available options through which you can join or start a meeting with the SDK, see our documentation here.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom

Yes, I am able to generate new SDK secret through Marketplace. Since we are testing the zoom functionality with that SDK app credentials in our test application. It wont affect any application. You want me to generate a new SDK secret ?

If there is a localized issue I don’t know what is that issue I have just followed the documentation and provided all the steps which we are following in the previous posts.

As per the documentation the SDK app credentials meant to initialize the Client SDK in order to start meeting / join the meeting either by using SDK_KEY, SDK_SECRET or by using JWT token (which is generated by using SDK_KEY & SDK_SECRET).

Note: The above mentioned steps we are using mobile client SDK only with SDK App In Marketplace.

Simultaneously we would like to test the other possible way as well in order to start / join the meeting with JWT App from Marketplace. Could you also direct us on utilizing the JWT app credentials to start / join the meeting from the mobile application.
I don’t know weather it could be done by using Zoom Client SDK because the Client SDK only initialized with SDK_KEY and SDK_SECRET or by generating JWT token with the SDK App credentials.

If the above mentioned point is correct. What could be the better approach / proper way to use the JWT app( or its credentials) to start / join meeting from mobile app ?

Hope you understand what am asking here.

Thanks!

Hi @mallikarjunreddy751,

Yes, I am able to generate new SDK secret through Marketplace. Since we are testing the zoom functionality with that SDK app credentials in our test application. It wont affect any application. You want me to generate a new SDK secret ?

Yes, please try generating a new secret and using that in your JWT. Let me know if this has any effect. :slightly_smiling_face:

If there is a localized issue I don’t know what is that issue I have just followed the documentation and provided all the steps which we are following in the previous posts.

Since the JWT you provided works when I input my developer credentials, this means it is localized to one of two areas: your credentials themselves, or how you are adding them to the JWT. If generating a new secret does not have any effect, it is possible that something is going wrong when inputting your credentials on jwt.io.

If the above mentioned point is correct. What could be the better approach / proper way to use the JWT app( or its credentials) to start / join meeting from mobile app ?

A JWT app cannot replace the use of an SDK app when using the Android SDK. It is possible to start a meeting as an API user instead of logging in as mentioned in our documentation here. Is that what you are looking for? This is really the only interaction the SDK could possibly have with a Marketplace JWT app.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom

Finally we are able to initialize the SDK with jwt token which is generated by our backend.

But still i don’t know why the jwt token which is generated by jwt.io (followed all the steps as per the doc)did’t work to initialize the sdk.

Please let me know if you found anything am missing to generate jwt in my previous posts.

Thanks for your support.

Hi @mallikarjunreddy751,

I’m glad to hear it’s working!

But still i don’t know why the jwt token which is generated by jwt.io (followed all the steps as per the doc)did’t work to initialize the sdk.

Before I am able to answer this, can you share how you were able to resolve the issue? Did it start working again after generating a new secret?

Thanks!

Hi John,

I am able to initialise the android sdk with jwt and able to start and join as a host , but in iOS i am not able to get callbacks invoked after initialise sdk i am using below code please correct me if i am worng

MobileRTCSDKInitContext *context = [[MobileRTCSDKInitContext alloc] init];
// The domain we will us is zoom.us
context.domain = @“zoom.us”;
// Turns on SDK logging. This is optional.
context.enableLog = YES;

context.locale = MobileRTC_ZoomLocale_Default;

// Call initialize:(MobileRTCSDKInitContext *_Nonnull)context to create an instance of the Zoom SDK. Without initializing first, the SDK will not do anything. This call will return YES if the SDK was initialized successfully.
BOOL sdkInitSuc = [[MobileRTC sharedRTC] initialize:context];

// Check if initialization was successful. Obtain a MobileRTCAuthService, this is for supplying credentials to the SDK for authorization.
if (sdkInitSuc) {
    MobileRTCAuthService *authService = [[MobileRTC sharedRTC] getAuthService];

if (authService) {
        // Supply the SDK with SDK Key and SDK Secret. This is required if a JWT is not supplied.
        // To use a JWT, replace these lines with authorizationService.jwtToken = yourJWTToken;

// authService.clientKey = sdkKey;
// authService.clientSecret = sdkSecret;
authService.jwtToken = @“my jwt token”;

// Assign AppDelegate to be a MobileRTCAuthDelegate to listen for authorization callbacks.
        authService.delegate = self;

// Call sdkAuth to perform authorization.
        [authService sdkAuth];

}
}else{
    NSLog(@"failed initialse SDK");

}

below method is not invoked if I use jwt token but the same method is invoking if I include sdkKey and sdkSecret also the jwt token is working fine on android client but not in iOS

• ( void )onMobileRTCAuthReturn:(MobileRTCAuthError)returnValue

Hi @mallikarjunreddy751,

For the iOS question, can you please create a new topic under the #mobile-meeting-sdk:ios category so that other developers who encounter similar issues are more easily able to find help?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.