How to organize and store real time Webhooks data to one file?

Description
Hi, I am able to subscribe events and receive real time user status changes in my localhost, but I am wondering if there is a way to pull out all of these real time messages and store them in a JSON file for further analysis. Also, I keep getting 405 error… Thanks!

Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Webhook

Which Endpoint/s?
I used ngrok to create self-generated URL to receive information.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @zmeng,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. If you want to save the message in a JSON file, you’ll want to write and host an endpoint that has the logic to retain the event subscriptions and write them to a file. Ngrok by default doesn’t have this functionality.

I was able to find a stackoverflow post that goes over this behavior, let me know if the following link is helpful:

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have recommendations which endpoint could help to write and retain the subscriptions?

Hey @zmeng,

Thank you for your question. There are a couple of options to accomplish this. The easiest is to use a service called Request Bin. I was able to find a 3rd party article that outlines how you can use NodeJS code to save your events.

Alternatively, you can write a server that you host which will act as the event subscription endpoint. From there, you can add custom logic to write the JSON to a file. This could be done in a variety of languages such as NodeJS, Java, Go, PHP, etc.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.