How to Pin video to Host only ?

Hi Team,

Is there any way we can pin video to Host ?

So that no matter who speaks, the screen only shows host video to all participants.

Thanks

Hi,

On Android SDK, you can take a look at:“boolean spotLightVideo(boolean on, long userId)”

Best

Thanks Wei,
but how to get host id from code ?

Hi, 

we don’t have an API to get user id directly, but you can do in this approach:

InMeetingUserList userList = mInMeetingService.getInMeetingUserList();

int count = userList.getUserCount();

for(int i=0; i<count; i++) {

InMeetingUserInfo userInfo = userList.getUserInfoByIndex(i));

if(userInfo.isHost()) {

return userInfo.getUserId()

}

}

and then pass this id to spotLightVideo API.

Best

@Zoom_Developer where can i implement this “boolean spotLightVideo(boolean on, long userId)” method.note: i am using sample project in android sdk

@Wei_Guo1 in where to implement this?

Hi @sadhik,

If you would like to spotlight a user, you could call the spotLightVideo interface when the meetingStatus returns from the callback onMeetingStatusChanged becomes MeetingStatus.MEETING_STATUS_INMEETING.

Thanks!

Hello the userinfo.ishost is not working

Hi @hodove9, thanks for using the dev forum.

Can you please elaborate on what exactly is not working? Also, which version of the SDK are you using?

Thanks!

Hello, @jon.zoom I want to pin the host so that the video of host doesn’t change if other participants speak. I have used this https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/users/user API too to get user_id but it is in string and pinvideo or spotlight needs long data type . How can I resolve this.

I am using this v5.5.1.1319 sdk version

Hi @hodove9,

The ID you should be using with the SDK is the one obtained from getUserID. Please let me know if you are running into any issues with the value returned from this method and I’ll be more than happy to help.

Thanks!

Hello,
Where should I put the code to getUserID?
Also isHost function is removed from InMeetingUserInfo

Hi @hodove9,

You can call the above method from wherever you need to access the user ID, as long as you are already in a meeting when the code is run.

Also isHost function is removed from InMeetingUserInfo

You can determine whether or not a user is the host of a meeting by calling isHostUser with the userId of the user you would like to check.

Thanks!