Electron SDK: SpotlightVideo not working

Description
The following method is not working when called on other participants as a Host:

• zoomvideo.MeetingVideo_SpotlightVideo({ bSpotlight: true, userid: <id> })

Which version?
Latest Electron SDK v5.4.54802.0124 (running in macOS Big Sur)

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Download, build and run Zoom SDK Electron Demo in macOS Big Sur.
  2. Join a meeting without login.
  3. Test zoomaudio.MeetingVideo_SpotlightVideo with different User IDs.
  4. Nothing happens and number 2 is always returned by the function, which seems to be SDKERR_WRONG_USEAGE.

Additional context
While I can manually spotlight video of any user through the original Zoom client, SDK’s zoomvideo.MeetingVideo_SpotlightVideo function won’t work.

Thank you so much for your help in advance as well as for the effort of providing a way for us to make useful features through SDKs!

Hi @desko27,

Is the user that you are trying to pin broadcasting video?
Only users who are broadcasting video can be pinned.

Thanks,
Alex

Yes, all the users are broadcasting video. This is tested in a meeting with 5 users who are broadcasting video. I can spotlight them from the Zoom client, but not programatically.

Any updates on this? It seems like there is an issue somewhere in the SDK and I cannot proceed adding a useful feature to our software without MeetingVideo_SpotlightVideo working properly.

Thanks!

Hey @desko27,

Thanks for using the dev forum! SpotlightVideo now only works in the default Zoom UI. Are you using the default meeting UI or a custom meeting UI?

Thanks!
Michael

HI I am trying to spotlight and or pin using
the sample demo and it keeps returning error number 2
any ideas why ?

getting the same issue. using the demo so with the standard/ default Zoom UI.

@Michael_Condon any chance of helping us out on this ? thanks

It happened with me 2 months ago and it’ll automatically fixed. I am still wonder how

I tried again and again even on different machines still not working … what is your set up ?

i want a spotligtht video on tile floors topic. i need to sent it to students. we are facing too problems in covid-19

i want a spotligtht video on tile floors 1 topic. i need to sent it to students. we are facing too problems in covid-19

Er sorry you lost me