How to refresh token if refresh_token in incorrect

Hey @katyle,

Indeed! Just let us know if you would like to increase the tolerance and for what app (I need the name). :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

The name of the application is PowerSuite. Client ID: IZ4arx1eRkKAGfOxHvA

Katy

Thanks @katyle,

We are reviewing your request (ZOOM-149706).

-Tommy

Thank you Tommy. I’ll look for the final response.

Katy

I have the same concerns really…

Will keep you updated!

-Tommy

Hey @muhammad.faizan.cs,

Please let us know if you have an issue first with refresh, then we can review upping your refresh tolerance.

Thanks,
Tommy

hey @tommy,
when I get Access token by request of "refresh token " the response returned a new refresh token this means I should save the new returned refresh token with every request after 1 hour, but in the documentation, I found that the refresh token expires after 15 years
how can I use only one refresh token without saving a new one every hour?

Hey @rania.mohamed,

Correct, the access_token lasts 1 hour, and the refresh_token lasts 15 years.

The proper flow is to not refresh the access_token, until you need to make an api request, then you use the refresh_token to get a new access_token and refresh_token, and then make the api request.

Instead of refreshing it every hour. :slight_smile:

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Running into similar issues. A couple of questions:

1. What does it mean technically when you say “increase the tolerance”?
  2. What is the process of asking for an increase in tolerance? Do we use this forum or send a request email?

Thanks

Hey @dhyun,

Before we discuss about the refresh tolerance please share specific issues about the issue.

Make sure you are saving the latest refresh token properly each time you issue a refresh request.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy,

We’re taking every precaution to store the new refresh token in Vault and in 99% (or more) of the cases this works perfectly fine. In those rare cases where the service crashes and is unable to contact our secure storage, we have a situation where we may lose the token. As our customers connect to Zoom via our application to monitor their account in a self-serve manner, it’s not feasible for us to contact them to ask them to re-onboard. As such, a little flexibility in terms of tolerance would go a long way to ensure a continuous operation of the monitoring.

Would be happy to provide more details or give you a demo. Thanks.

DSH

2 Likes

Thanks @dhyun,

Please let us know if this happens and we will be happy to see if we need to increase the tolerance.

If you notice the connection has been broken, you could direct them to reauthorize your app programmatically by taking them to the install url. No need to manually contact them.

-Tommy

I have same issue regarding refresh token. I am using PHP. I am facing following issue:-
Fatal error: Uncaught GuzzleHttp\Exception\ClientException: Client error: POST https://zoom.us/oauth/token resulted in a 401 Unauthorized response: {“reason”:“Invalid Token!”,“error”:“invalid_request”}

When we try with authentication (from beginning) then it works fine. But after 1 hour when I try to refresh the token then it gives above error. There is some problem with the refresh token. Please guide me.

Hey @jerry2491,

Can you please private message me your refresh token?

Also make sure you are following the refresh flow.

Thanks,
Tommy