How to remove a participant from a meeting

Is there any API can be used for remove a participant from a meeting? Thank you!

Hi,

Currently at this moment we do not have the features that you requested, but we will pass these suggestions to our engineers so that they can consider adding these features in our future releases.

Hi,

I just got a word back from our developers,

You can consider using this API, and in the body, set the “action” value to “cancel”.

Hey I tried the update registrant endpoint to remove a participant from the meeting but it didn’t work (meaning the user didn’t leave the meeting). I tried both the id of the registrant and the id of the participant returned from here https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/dashboards/dashboardmeetingparticipants

Any idea how to fix this?

Hey @ismail,

The update registrant endpoint does not kick a user from a meeting. This endpoint is meant to update the registrant whitelist before the meeting starts.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello.
Were you able to remove participant from a meeting?
Please let me know how?
It will save my day.

Hey @jsn.net,

As stated above, we do not have an API to kick participants from a meeting.

If you are using our SDKs however, there are functions that can do this.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy so your comment here : Multiple Users with One Unique Url is a contradiction to what you said above. What solution do you have for it (the question on link) ?

Hey @classengage.com,

Good catch, the update registration status does not kick a user from a meeting. I will update my post. :slight_smile:

Apologies for the misunderstanding,
Tommy