How to use deep link to launch a mobile app using Zoom mobile SDK

How to use deep link to launch a mobile app using Zoom mobile SDK ? E.g. Connect the pure Zoom mobile app to my own developed mobile app using Zoom mobile sdk. Thanks

Hey @shu.keung.lau,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

You can get your application to open using a URL Scheme. To set this up you would follow the steps mentioned here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25883113/open-ios-app-from-browser

To have you app open from the Zoom application, you would need to share a link with your URL scheme from within the application.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply but my actual question is the following.

E.g. I use original Zoom mobile app but my client uses a self-developed mobile app using Zoom Mobile sdk/api. May I know whether I can send my client the zoom link to launch that self-developed Zoom mobile SDK app and start zoom meeting ? Vice Versa ? If not, should I need to build another mobile app using Zoom Mobile sdk/api to communicate with the client mobile app ? Push notification ? All by coding via Zoom API ? What is the easy way out ?

Many thanks.

Hey @shu.keung.lau,

I see, thank you for clarifying.

To have your Zoom SDK application open from any other application (including the Zoom application), you would need to follow the steps above, but you would need to append the Zoom meeting link to the end of the URL Scheme. Then when your app opens from the URLScheme, you would parse out the Zoom meeting link and use the Zoom SDK to join a meeting within your application using handZoomWebUrl.

Opening the Zoom application from your own application is no longer possible, as Zoom’s URL schemes have been deprecated.

Let me know if that helps clarify.
Thanks!
Michael