Direct opening of zoom create meeting links on mobile possible?

On android I have the zoom app installed.

I create a meeting from the API and follow the start_url.

My hope is that this start_url we could launch straight into the app. I do see in my android system permissions that the zoom app has the ability to open other forms of links. Instead I get this intermediate landing page. Is there an easy modification that I can do to the start_url to allow it to be opened by the zoom app directly?

Hey @thand,

Take a look at this, you might be able to do it by prepending zoomus:// to the start url.

If this doesn’t work, maybe @carson.zoom could help?

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi Tommy,

The way you are suggesting is the correct way to do it. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

Maybe I am missing something obvious or there is a special form for the url to specify meeting ID?

I am trying to provide a link for our users to click on that will launch and join the meeting in the app.

If the URL on that link is in the form: zoomus://zoom.us/join
Then clicking on the link will open the zoom app directly and prompt for a meeting ID

If the URL is in the form (replace https with zoomus on the join_url): zoomus://zoom.us/j/527235333
Then nothing will happen

Oh oh oh! Thank you.

For others, the proper form appears to be:

zoomus://zoom.us/join?action=join&confno={ZOOM_MEETING_ID}

1 Like

Hi thand,

Glad to hear that it is working. If you need more info on the URL, you may refer to this blog:https://medium.com/zoom-developer-blog/zoom-url-schemes-748b95fd9205

Hope this helps. Thanks!

1 Like

Fantastic! Thank you

1 Like

Thanks Carson! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hello, when the application is opened when the link is as follows, this information is requested, can we send this step with the link?

Hey @ayzasoft.live,

Please share this in #mobile-sdk

Thanks,
Tommy

We want to open the publication through the zoom application. Send the information we want to do with a link and log in.

Hey @ayzasoft.live,

I am not sure what you are asking. Please clarify.

Thanks,
Tommy

We connect to the broadcast with the link below. But when the application is opened, the screen in the picture comes. How can we send this information in the link and open the broadcast directly?

link : zoomus://zoom.us/join?action=join&confno="+url+"&uname=ibrahim

image :

Hey @ayzasoft.live,

Please submit your question to the proper category: #mobile-sdk:ios

Thanks,
Tommy