How to use reactions like "clap" or "thumb up"?

Description
Is the SDK for using the reactions like in the title - clap or thumbsup?
Could you give us some clue @carson.zoom? :laughing:

Also, if it’s really not available could you please add it soon as we would like to include this in our product? :hugs:

Thanks!

Hi @dmiskiew,

Thanks for the post. What is the SDK version you are using? And are you using Zoom default UI or Custom UI? If you are using the latest version of SDK, you should see the reactions in the UI. :smile:

Hi @carson.zoom, thanks for your response!

What is the SDK version you are using?

I’m referring to macOS SDK v v4.6.21666.0427. And I would like to know whether I can use my code to trigger “thumb up” or “clap” reaction :smiley:

And are you using Zoom default UI or Custom UI?

I’m using both, but we can assume, that we want to do that with Custom UI.
But does it change how the SDK works? Like should I use different methods when I’m using the default one?

If you are using the latest version of SDK, you should see the reactions in the UI.

What do you mean by that? Can I find code which triggers reactions buttons in the sample macOS version? I know that the buttons are in the Zoom UI, but I want to trigger the same action with my code rather than using the UI. Is that possible?

For example I can use following method from your SDK to raise hand:

- (ZoomSDKError) raiseHand:		(BOOL) 	    raise
                    UserID:		(unsigned int) 	userid 

My question is: is there a similar method I can use to enable “thumbs up” or “clap” reaction for my app’s user?

Thanks!

@carson.zoom any joy?

Hi @dmiskiew,

Thanks for the detailed reply. Currently our SDK supports the reactions in the meeting, but yet we do not have any interfaces for this. I will need to make a feature request to the engineering team to add this.

Thanks!

@carson.zoom Can you make that feature request for us or can we do it? We really really need this interface.