I have some question of using zoom API

Description
Hello I have some question about using zoom API

1. Do I have to update JWT whenever it is expired?
    I think it will be uncomfortable and sometimes
    I might forget to update it

2. I will purchase around 60 meeting room license.
    Do I have to create 60 JWT and update them every time?

3. what is the diffence between zoom API and SDK?

4. I found “Create Meeting Room” API but can’t find “Join Meeting Room” . How can I join Meeting Room using API?

5. fully customizable sdk is not available now?

Thank you for reading my questions!

Hi @allen3422, welcome to the community!

I’ve done my best to answer your questions below. I’m sure the Zoom team will chip in if I miss anything.

Do I have to update JWT whenever it is expired?
You can generate a JWT token yourself using your API Key and Secret. Instructions on how to do this can be found here. I personally use jwt.io for my tokens, since they have lots of libraries for a variety of different platforms.

I will purchase around 60 meeting room license. Do I have to create 60 JWT and update them every time?
Providing that the licenses are assigned to users belonging to the account which created the JWT token, you don’t need to generate different JWTs for each user. JWT tokens only allow access on an account-level, so you couldn’t use your JWT token to access my Zoom account, for example.

What is the diffence between zoom API and SDK?
The Zoom API allows you to create meetings and interact with your account in general.
The Zoom Client SDKs allow you to embed the Zoom client in your Browser, iOS, Android, Electron etc apps.
The Zoom Video SDKs allow developers to create their own interfaces and access raw video data.

I found “Create Meeting Room” API but can’t find “Join Meeting Room” . How can I join Meeting Room using API?
You create meeting rooms via the API, however you need to use the Client SDK to join meeting rooms. These are two different things, and the links above should help explain this.

Fully customizable sdk is not available now?
The fully customisable SDK has been renamed to the Zoom Video SDK. It’s the exact same thing, just a different name.

I hope this helps!
Alex

Thanks for jumping in and helping out, @alexmayo!

@allen3422 let us know if you run into additional questions. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

1 Like

Thank you for your kind answer!

1 Like

Thanks as always, @alexmayo. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.