I need some help with customizing language when using Web SDK

Description
I’m using Web SDK for my Website. I want to customize languague for education domain. And i’ve done follow this guide but nothing happen.

Which version?
I’m using Zoom Meeting Web Client WebSDK version 1.7.10_20200707_ES6_release - Tuesday, July 7th, 2020, 1:43:59 PM

Screenshots
Here are my code and my zoom display. I’ve already load my custom language. But zoom’s language dont change even though i used reRender() function.

Additional context
I downloaded source follow this guide. And then convert index.js to zoom.js by Browserify for web client.

Hey @hungnm,

Checkout this thread and let me know if it helps:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,
FYI, I’m experiencing the same limitation in 1.8.0 trying to override some keys within the default language (either custom language name or official locale name) following the documentation exactly as mentioned by @hungnm

Thanks for your support

nvm, I’ve found the issue: you must override the language keys AFTER ZoomMtg.init and BEFORE ZoomMtg.join, then it works like a charm!

1 Like

@cnadeau you can see my code. I overrode the language keys after ZoomMtg.init and before ZoomMtg.join. But it’s not work.
And i have to change code of file zoom.js which i converted by Browserify to do this.

@hungnm, here what I did in the sample that worked : https://github.com/cnadeau/sample-app-web/tree/forum_pos_27907

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your solution @cnadeau! :slight_smile:

@hungnm, let me know if you were able to get it working!

-Tommy

Thanks for sharing @cnadeau!
But i’ve resolved this problem by editing source code of Zoom.
I found a function:

function r(e){"en-US"===e&&(e="default");var t={...};return t[e]||t.default}

and then i changed it to:

function r(e){"en-US"===e&&(e="default");
if(!ZoomMtg.langWords)ZoomMtg.langWords = {...}
return ZoomMtg.langWords[e]||ZoomMtg.langWords.default

so i can overrode default language like this:

ZoomMtg.init({
	leaveUrl: that.leaveUrl,
	isSupportAV: true,
	disableRecord: false,
	disableInvite:true,
	isShowJoiningErrorDialog: false,
	success: function () {
		if(meetingConfig.lang && that.customWords[meetingConfig.lang]) {
			$.extend(ZoomMtg.langWords[meetingConfig.lang], that.customWords[meetingConfig.lang]);
		}
		$.i18n.reload(meetingConfig.lang);
		ZoomMtg.join({
1 Like

Hey @hungnm,

Happy to hear you got it sorted out! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your solution!

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.