In Meeting chat API

Hello,

I want to develop a web app and looking to read the in-meeting chat (both public & private chats) using API (without embedding any zoom web client).

How can I do this?

Thanks

Hey @adamm

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

Hey @will.zoom ,

I read the linked threads - is there any plan to add this API in the future?
This has huge potential and can be incredible for a lot of use cases.

Hey @adamm,

Thanks for raising this—we have received this feedback before and do hope to expand the capabilities of our APIs at some point, in regards to in-meeting actions. However, this is not on our near-term roadmap at the moment.

That said, I can certainly appreciate the use case and will be happy to continue sharing this feedback internally.

Thanks,
Will

Thanks, I hope you’ll move this forward.
What about Zapps? will the API for developers get released soon? from what I understand this should also give a way to improve the traditional interactions tools in Zoom (chat, polls, q&a, reactions)

Hey @adamm,

Yes—our Zoom Apps are in beta and we will be releasing them more widely in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

Best,
Will