In Zoom meeting via Zoom clients (app), the "Waiting Room" is always on to replace attendee on hold already but the attendee_on_hold parameter is still presented on Zoom API

Description
In “In Meeting” Object on User Setting, the “attendee_on_hold” parameter (feature) is available to be enabled or disabled, however, on Zoom client/app (version 5.x), the feature is no longer available anymore (then “true” is set on attendee_on_hold), instead, the feature waiting room is always on (when you click “more” right on any one of the attendees, “Put in Waiting Room” is available)

If the feature “attendee_on_hold” is no longer in use any more on all Zoom Apps (5.x), should the parameter attendee_on_hold be removed from the Zoom API online document? or more description provided is recommended on the attendee_on_hold to let developer know the feature is available on which specific components (for example, if the feature is still available on SDK but not available on Zoom app anymore or else etc.).

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
It seems that the Zoom apps (clients) does not have attendee on hold feature anymore but the related parameter is still provided on Zoom API.

Please kindly help to check and recheck if the feature “attendee_on_hold” is still available / used on Zoom meeting, if the feature is not available anymore and replaced by waiting room for sure, please remove it from the API description, or additional description is provided to let us know where the feature can be found / used on.

Hi @ct_yen,

Thanks for reaching out about this. I do believe that this feature is still available in the Zoom Client, but it may have moved. As this is a Zoom Client feature, our Zoom Support team will be best suited to help confirm this for you. You can reach out to them here.

In the meantime, I would also recommend double checking you had these prerequisites set and followed the steps outlined here:

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

Hi, @will.zoom

Thank you for your reply and advice. The support ticket is filed with the number: #8289628. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m glad you were able to file a ticket, @ct_yen. Don’t hesitate to reach out on the forum for any other developer questions!

Best,
Will

Hi, @will.zoom

I have received the reply from support saying the option “attendee on hold” is unavailable on regular Zoom meetings and Webinar both using Zoom clients/apps.

Are there any reasons for the option parameter still provided in Zoom API? or should it be deprecated and removed from Zoom API?

1 Like

Hey @ct_yen,

Thanks for raising this—we will work on updating our documentation to reflect this.

cc @shrijana.g

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

@ct_yen @will.zoom

Thank you for letting me know about this. This field has indeed been deprecated and we have now marked it as deprecated in the reference.

Thank you,
Shrijana

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.