Incoming webhook: Internal Server Error

I’m trying to send a message to the Incoming Webhook app that we’ve enabled on a channel. I can send the sample message from the article but using the format=full causes an Internal Server Error (HTTP status 500) response by Zoom.

I’ve tried a few different formats but none of them have worked. I’m guessing that I’m simply not formulating the message correctly. Here is a sample JSON body that is being sent:

{
    "content": {
        "head": {
            "text": "something"
        },
        "body": [{
            "type": "message",
            "text": "content"
        }]
    }
}

I’m guessing that Authorization is working correctly as I’m able to send messages in the other formats - only the full format is creating the Internal Server Error.

1. Do you have examples of sending more advanced messages (in terms of formatting) to the Incoming Webhook app?
  2. Is there a different format that I should be using?

Hey @achillean,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Just to clarify, you are seeing the 500 response when attempting to send a message through a Chat Bot using the method described here:

Is that correct? If so, make sure that you are using a request body similar to what is shown in that example - i.e. using the base JSON structure:

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

No, unfortunately it doesn’t. I also tried sending the message:

{
    "content": {
        "head": {
            "text": "Hello world"
        }
    }
}

The above also produced an internal server error for me. Note that the other properties aren’t provided by the webhook information. Can you share an example that would work with the Incoming Webhook URL?

I found the problem. I wasn’t setting the “Content-Type: application/json” header. Once I set that the message JSON in my previous comments worked.

Glad you’ve resolved the issue @achillean!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.