Integrate zoom in my cloud app

Description
I am building a web app for collaboration. I would like users with existing zoom id (personal or their enterprise) to be able to create meetings from my web app and even attend their meetings and calls from my website.

Which version?
Web SDK.

Additional context
Since these users will use their enterprise zoom id (i am not providing any zoom id to user) will i still need to sign up as partner or i can just use zoom api to facilitate these services?

Hey @colabnotes,

You can use Zoom OAuth to have them connect their Zoom accounts to your app.

As for the Web SDK, since it uses JWT Credentials, you can start meetings owned by you or your Zoom users, or join any meeting. So your users will be able to join meetings, but not start their own if you use the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
Thanks for replying. So if I would like to have a button to create a new meeting after users have authenticated using Zoom OAuth, is there any other sdk or api to call for as you said websdk will only allow them join a scheduled meeting. What do I need to do to allow those authenticated users to create a new meeting as well…

I found it in their docs. I can use zoom post api to schedule meetings by passing my api key as bearer token. Thanks for the help.

Hey @colabnotes,

Yep! You can use the Create Meeting API! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy I had one more question. I have a website where i am integrating zoom but i dont want to publish my Oauth app to zoom marketplace. If i invoke oauth from a different user account other than dev account it says you cant authorize this app. Is it necessary to publish my app to marketplace, can i not just let user visiting my site to authorise app.

Hey @colabnotes,

Please see the docs here:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.