Integration into web application

Hi,
We want to fully integrate the zoom conferencing into our web based portal. We are looking to do a seamless integration without requiring a new user to signup to zoom, all through the APIs. Can you point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Description
A clear and concise description of what the question is.

Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @simon1, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

What Zoom functionalities are you looking to use?

If you would like Zoom Meetings into your Web Portal, you can use the Web SDK which does not require users to have a Zoom account.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy, thanks for the reply.

Essentially we have a web application with 2 types of users, those who need to run a webinar and those who need to attend a webinar.

So I as a user can decide that I am going to run a session next Thursday at 4pm and book that into our platform, and then users can elect to attend. We need to be able to create the zoom event at the time the user creates it on our platform, and then subscribe those users as they choose to want to attend.

Can we do this without any of our users having a zoom account?

Thanks
Simon

Hey @simon1,

Yes this is possible! :slight_smile:

To create the webinar: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/webinars/webinarcreate

To subscribe users to the webinar: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/webinars/webinarregistrantcreate

Once subscribed, have the users join the webinar via the join_url returned from the Create Webinar Registrant as mentioned above ^

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy, and all this can be done with only me having a single zoom account? Any issues with running multiple webinars at the same time with different presenters/audience members.

Simon

Hey @simon1,

Correct, unless you are wanting to run multiple webinars at the same time. You would need one host per webinar that is happening at the same time:

Thanks,
Tommy

Great, is there an API for me register a new host then, would make things simpler for us if each of our hosts has their own account. Again, we need this to be invisible to the user.

Simon

Hey @simon1,

You can create a new Zoom User to host a meeting via the Create User API.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy,

We are now creating users succesfully, using the ssocreate option as we want everything to be seamless. But we are still emails being sent to the user to validate the account details, etc. Is there a way to make all this seamless, we don’t want the user to have to anything if possible.

Thanks
Simon

Hey @simon1,

Happy to hear you are creating users successfully!

This is possible via custCreate with a Zoom ISV plan:

If you are interested, contact isv@zoom.us for pricing.

Thanks,
Tommy