Intercept an active meeting's recording through stream API

Hey @will.zoom,

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand that this makes sense for the main use case of live streaming, but it doesn’t make sense for us or probably anyone on this thread. I’d guess that we are too small for Zoom to care about specifically but as mentioned by @tommy above this is used by Chorus.ai and we can see here that it is also used by Otter.ai. Both of these are large companies and I’m sure this is quite bad for them as well. Do all users see this when using Chorus and Otter live streams on Zoom? What are they doing about this change?

Best,
Andrew

1 Like

Hi @chou,

Thanks for following up on this. I do believe that all users see this—However, as this message is part of the Livestreaming UI and the Zoom Client, out Technical Support team would be best suited to confirm these details for you. I recommend reaching out to them directly here for more details on this feature.

Thank you,
Will

I am trying to use meeting SDK (windows) to get access to the raw data of the meeting by making a bot join the call. I have downloaded the sdk but I am unable to figure out how to use it in a api. Can you please guide me?

@krishnaK, happy to break down how you could build a meeting bot.

1. Spin up a server. We recommend AWS, GCP, or Digital Ocean.
  2. Use either the Windows or Mac Zoom SDK to launch an instance of the Zoom client.
  3. Once you have the Zoom SDK launched, and use the Raw Data functionality to extract the video and audio streams.
  4. This will return the video in I420 raw frames and audio in PCM 16LE raw format, so you’ll need to encode the audio and video yourself afterwards.
  5. Once you have one instance of this working, you’ll need to scale this across several servers if you want to run multiple bots simultaneously, which is required to have bots for multiple meetings.

Another option is Recall.ai. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get the raw audio/video from meetings + output video/audio without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!