Intercept an active meeting's recording through stream API

Is there a way to intercept an active call’s stream through Zoom’s API? Also, since Zoom does provide cloud recordings transcription, would it be possible to get the realtime transcript?

Hey @abhilash,

Good question, are you trying to get the audio or video stream?

As of now we don’t have an API for you to get the realtime transcript, although it is possible via creating a custom streaming service.

For example, checkout the functionality of the 3Play Media app.

Thanks,
Tommy

They have used captioning.
Also, @tommy Intercepting meeting audio and transcribing it

If you see here, they are able to somehow get the audio and then transcribe it. I can understand the transcription part is totally their work. But how are they able to get a live meeting’s audio stream? Is it closed caption?

1 Like

Hey @abhilash,

They are able to get the audio stream because the Chorus application is a custom live streaming service on Zoom’s native app.

Checkout this article:

Thanks,
Tommy

Once I setup a custom livestream, how would I receive speaker names from an active livestream?

Hey @abhilash,

I could be wrong because I have not used the Chorus integration, but I believe the Chorus transcription does not display in real time.

“Chorus records, transcribes and classifies Zoom calls in real time and all conversation intelligence is available in Chorus as soon as your call ends.”

"Chorus.ai can join calls all your Zoom calls, either pre-invited or unscheduled and record conversations and screen shares. If multiple people join from the same room, Chorus.ai identifies them as separate speakers for accurate attribution. Get high-accuracy transcripts as soon as you end your call and leverage them for email follow-ups as well as CRM updates. "

Thanks,
Tommy