"Invalid Access Token error" when using OAuth2.0

Hi Developers,

I am not a developer but a website owner trying to get my website to go live but encounter this connection error between Bookly (Wordpress calendar booking plugin) and Zoom and my web developer cannot resolve the problem. The problem is as follows:

Bookly has a OAuth2.0 interface which I can successfully configure the Client ID, Client Secret and the RedirectURL in Zoom as well. Bookly Calendar is supposed to interface with Zoom to create a Zoom meeting whenever the appointment is being saved in Bookly but when I do that it will prompt an Zoom:“Invalid Access Token” error and does not create the Zoom meeting. Bookly is saying it is a Zoom Security policy blocking the connection in which he quoted SupportId:18398479702038370138 which I cannot find in Zoom . Kindly help as my site cannot go live with out this function. Thank you .

Hi @jo11
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
Have you been able to fix this issue on your end?
Do you have a link to Bookly’s webpage so I can take a look at their integration please??

Thanks
Elisa

Hi Elisa, Glad to hear from you and your help. The link is as follows:-
https://support.booking-wp-plugin.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013355499-Online-Meetings-Zoom-Google-Meet-Jitsi-BigBlueButton- . Very much appreciate your help and Thank you!

Hi Joe,
Thanks for sharing that with me.
It looks like Bookly is asking you for your JWT credentials which are your API key and API secret and is asking you to input those credentials in their integration.
So if you are inputting credentials from an OAuth app that you created in your Zoom Marketplace, this could be the reason why you are getting this error.

Now, it is important to mention that we are deprecating the JWT app in June 2023, which means that integrators like Bookly will need to migrate from the JWT app type to Server to Server OAuth app.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build/jwt-app/jwt-faq/

Let me know if this helps,
Best,
Elisa

Hi Elisha, I have used JWT method. JWT connects with no error but does not auto create new zoom meeting or autogenerate the Zoom Meeting details except the link to the main Zoom page. I have to generate new meeting and send manually. Does not really serve the purpose as i could have juz manually send meeting invitations to my client. i tink by what i describe JWT also does not work. Please advise,Thank you.

1. Sign in to your Zoom account
  2. Visit the Zoom App Marketplace
  3. Click on the Develop option in the dropdown on the top-right corner and select Build App
  4. A page with various app types will be displayed. Select OAuth as the app type and click on Create
  5. Enter the name of your App. In Choose app type select Account-level app and click Create
  6. After creating your app, fill out descriptive and contact information
  7. Go to App Credentials tab and look for the Client ID and Client Secret. Use them in the form below on this page
  8. For Redirect URL for OAuth enter the Redirect URL for OAuth found below on this page
  9. For Whitelist URL add a new record with the value of Redirect URL for OAuth found below on this page. If you use both HTTP and HTTPS, make sure to add both records for Whitelist URL
  10. Add the scopes required for your app. At the very least, you should select meeting:write:admin
  11. Once the app is created, Save the changes on this page
  12. Click the Connect OAuth button below and complete the connection between Bookly and Zoom

I have attached the Bookly OAuth integration instruction from their plugin on my Wordpress in my previous post. Please review and advise Elisa, Thank you very much for your help.

I forgot to add in my initial post that Bookly technical support said that the access token is block on Zoom side and I am supposed to contact Zoom to know the reason and get help to resolve the problem. Thank you Elisa.

Thanks for sharing that @jo11

I have read the instructions that you shared with me and I do not see any issues there

I will send you a private message to follow up with some questions.
Best,
Elisa

[//cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/business6/uploads/zoomdeveloper/original/3X/0/5/0591b831f716dff89571a645caec47319c99f0f2.jpeg]
Dmitry (Bookly Support)
Jan 12, 2023, 12:51 GMT+1
Hello Joe,

Unfortunately, connecting your site to my own Zoom App didn’t solve the issue. However, I checked the database and found this message in the bookly_zoom_oauth_token option:

Your request is blocked by security policy.(SupportId: 18398479702038370138)
Please contact Zoom support team and ask about this issue.
Best regards,
Dmitry
Bookly Technical Support
IMPORTANT: Please ensure you add additional comments and information via this ticket only. We kindly ask you NOT to open a new ticket with the same inquiry because it delays the response time.

[//cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/business6/uploads/zoomdeveloper/original/3X/2/a/2ab89d736ae35907a57a09a561dfb68ea2ad922f.png]
Joe
Jan 12, 2023, 05:43 GMT+1
Hello Dmitry, sure most definitely. Thank you for your help!

[cid:image001.jpg@01D92BF0.CD285C20]
Dmitry (Bookly Support)
Jan 12, 2023, 05:36 GMT+1
Hello Joe,

Thank you for your quick reply.
Could I temporarily set my own Zoom API keys to check the issue?
Best regards,
Dmitry
Bookly Technical Support
IMPORTANT: Please ensure you add additional comments and information via this ticket only. We kindly ask you NOT to open a new ticket with the same inquiry because it delays the response time.

Hi Elisha I managed to cut and paste the email between me and Dmitry(Bookly support) but the graphics have been filter off by this forum but I think you can still see the error message advise by Dmitry.

"Dmitry (Bookly Support)
Jan 12, 2023, 12:51 GMT+1
Hello Joe,

Unfortunately, connecting your site to my own Zoom App didn’t solve the issue. However, I checked the database and found this message in the bookly_zoom_oauth_token option:

Your request is blocked by security policy.(SupportId: 18398479702038370138)
Please contact Zoom support team and ask about this issue."