INVALID_PARAMETERS: You must pass a <video> element to start video capture for Chromium browser

I receive the following error when I try to render a self video in Chrome (96.0.4664.110): “You must pass a <video> element to start video capture for Chromium browser, Android browser, and Chrome without SharedArrayBuffer support.”

Steps to reproduce:

1. git clone GitHub - zoom/sample-app-videosdk: zoom videosdk web demo --branch master --depth 1;
  2. cd sample-app-videosdk/purejs-demo;
  3. npm install;
  4. Edit config.js;
  5. npm run start;
  6. Try to turn on camera after preview window.

Actual result:

Expected result:
A self video is processed.

2 Likes

Hey @pavloshchur

Thanks for your feedback.

We will update the purejs-demo, add the CORP related headers to the webpack devServer.

Thanks
Vic

Hi @vic.yang,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Will the purejs-demo be updated in 1.1.8 version?
Meanwhile, could you provide us with a quick solution?

Hey @vic.yang,

Are there any updates when purejs-demo will be updated?

Hi @vic.yang,

I have investigated react-demo and noticed that without Cross-Origin-Embedder-Policy and Cross-Origin-Opener-Policy headers camera video started in Chrome could not be rendered in Firefox. I have just removed headers in webpack.config.dev.js and config-overrides.js files.

I see the following error when turning on camera in Chrome.

No errors in Firefox.

Could you tell me if it is a bug or I have done some mistake?

Hey @pavloshchur

This is a known issue and we will fix it in the next release.
Turning off and turning on the camera may resolve the issue, it’s a temporary workaround until the new version is released.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks
Vic

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.