Ionic custom UI

Hello, any way to apply these options on ionic when joining a meeting?

opts.meeting_views_options = MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_SHARE + MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_VIDEO;

I tried to do directly in the java code, I was not successful.

Hi mattheusgetstudio,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. This option has not been added to the Ionic SDK yet. If you would like to add it directly in the Java code, you may need to configure your package.json file and reimport your modified version of Ionic SDK rather than fetching the Ionic SDK version online.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

I managed to solve in the native part, thank you or return, thank you.

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear it is working. I will also forward this as a feature request to the engineering team and we will investigate the possibility of adding this feature to our Ionic SDK.

Thanks!

Hello @mattheusgetstudio

I’m wondering what process you followed to install the Zoom SDK in Ionic?I’m getting the following errors after following the Capacitor install process for cordova plugins.

Hello, what version of ionic are you using?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Ionic:

Ionic CLI : 6.5.0 (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/@ionic/cli)
Ionic Framework : @ionic/angular 5.0.7
@angular-devkit/build-angular : 0.803.26
@angular-devkit/schematics : 8.3.26
@angular/cli : 8.3.26
@ionic/angular-toolkit : 2.2.0

Capacitor:

Capacitor CLI : 2.0.0
@capacitor/core : 2.0.0

Utility:

cordova-res : not installed
native-run : 1.0.0

System:

NodeJS : v12.13.1 (/usr/local/bin/node)
npm : 6.14.4

I’m using ionic version 3, I did some tests for ionic 4 but I didn’t use a capacitor.

Oh I see. Thanks for getting back to me! Happy coding

Hi everyone,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Our Ionic SDK does not support Ionic Capacitor at the moment. Thanks!

Travis, did you find a solution to this or did you perhaps switch from Capacitor to Cordova?

Hi mikko.valjento,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. What is the issue you are facing? If you are facing issues when using Ionic SDK with Xcode, please make sure you follow the doc here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/iOS/getting-started/integration to correctly configure the Xcode to be able to run the SDK.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,

Thanks for asking. I switched from Capacitor to Cordova implementation and got it working.

However I would like to know if it’s possible to change the UI (hide toolbar) in the Ionic Zoom SDK or if such feature is planned for the future?

Also, is there a Finnish language version available for Ionic Zoom version? If not, I need it and I would be willing to translate it for you immediately.

Best regards,
Mikko

Hi @mikko.valjento,

Thanks for the reply. Which toolbar are you referring to? You may refer to the following meeting options:

let options = {
  custom_meeting_id: "Customized Title",
  no_share: false,
  no_audio: false,
  no_video: false,
  no_driving_mode: true,
  no_invite: true,
  no_meeting_end_message: true,
  no_dial_in_via_phone: false,
  no_dial_out_to_phone: false,
  no_disconnect_audio: true,
  no_meeting_error_message: true,
  no_unmute_confirm_dialog: true,    // Android only
  no_webinar_register_dialog: false, // Android only
  no_titlebar: false,
  no_bottom_toolbar: false,
  no_button_video: false,
  no_button_audio: false,
  no_button_share: false,
  no_button_participants: false,
  no_button_more: false,
  no_text_password: true,
  no_text_meeting_id: false,
  no_button_leave: false
 };

Not sure if the no_buttom_toolbar is what you are looking for.

The Ionic SDK is based on the Zoom client, I think Zoom client does not support Finnish at the moment. You may submit a new language request at https://zoom.us/feed, once the Zoom client supports Finnish, our SDK will inherit it.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the reply @carson.zoom.

I have now submitted a language request as you suggested. Fingers crossed. :slight_smile:

I also managed to hide the tool bar, thanks for help. The problem is that I would like to still have a customised Finnish language “quit” button, but as far as I understand it’s not (yet) possible to have custom UI buttons in the Ionic version of the Zoom SDK? Is this planned to be supported in the future versions?

Hi @mikko.valjento,

It is not supported to do such customization in Ionic SDK. Once the Zoom client supports Finnish, you could simply switch the language and you do not need to do any additional customization.

Thanks!